Stranger Things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TNJYOUNG

TNJYOUNG

Reaction score
Good news is you're gonna have a brand new vehicle before too long at this rate! How many miles have you got on it?

LOL, TRUE! I have 103k miles on her.

Didn’t ur other post say u got a bumper to bumper warranty when U got truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I DID have a bumper to bumper warranty, but I decided to cancel it after I tried to use it once and there were all kinds of hoops to jump through to get them to pay. I honestly should have kept it, now that I have seen the several issues that have sprung up. So far, all of my issues have had to do with the front steering/suspension/components. I think my truck was used for a lot of towing before I got it as it came with an aftermarket trailer brake mounted.

Where do you live? In areas where rust is an issue it’s common practice to change the entire hub when the sensor is inop because the tone ring is likely corroded. Also, just a guess, but there’s a fair chance you didn’t even have a sensor issue and it was just the harness if it truly was chafed, but they probably didn’t notice until they already swapped the hub.

I agree. I live in Tennessee, but somewhere I believe I saw something that made me think it was previously owned in Michigan. I think it was made in Texas...if memory serves. I am the 3rd owner.

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that’s the case then what about the rears? The tone rings are behind the bearings and the axle has to be removed. I’ve never seen a corroded tone ring, they’re buried. Your bearing would have to be shot so bad that water was coming through.
I was thinking of the fronts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues