Strange electrical issue 07 Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost every day I push the key fob and get nothing. I open the door with the key. Zero electrical power. No dome light, etc. Turn ignition and nothing.
Ive learned that if I reach under the dash above the parking brake and shake the wires down there, the Sub starts and runs fine.
Occasionally Ill be at the red light, and all electrical goes out including the radio and all gauges. The engine continues to run normal. In a minute or two, power is restored and everything functions normally.
Any ideas?

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I dont see any problem with that? lol! Hey that is probably a simple fix but instead of reaching under the dash try sticking your head under their and tug on one wire/connector at a time and when the power comes on fix that area? you are lucky enough to have inadvertantly found the problem, you should buy a loto ticket fast! im pretty sure you are pulling on the fuse holder harness.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, thats a good kill switch.... leave it.

Unfortunately i think you have a column harness problem, all the wires from the steering column, ignition switch etc run down the column and turn left and you are probably pulling on a loose or broken connector, ground etc. remove the knee bolster and look around. 2 Phillips and a 10mm and pull up and out. Then look really well at each connector and follow to mbec junction on left of brake pedal. Your problem should be in that area. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu