Story Time - Two Warranty Claims and Some Sprinkles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealerships are strange. They are products of the management that runs them behind closed doors.

We have had the same tech at the same dealer owned by the same company for almost 15 years servicing our Audi allroad. They are involved in several charitable events every year and grow their employees.

The GMC dealership has been around longer and churned through more employees than I could ever count. They are loyal to us only because I hold them accountable and aware I know how to present the facts without ever stepping into their spin machine.

One is motivated by fear of failure (lacking excellent service) and the other is motivated by fear of reprisal (by being held accountable for their bad behavior).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stealership is a stelership no matter how you word it. They are all out to make money no matter what spin you put on it. They lick your balls to get the sale then bend you over for service. Its life and we all know it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I lick my own balls. Don’t need a dealership to do that for me.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I was pretty bothered by the visit I had at our local dealership for our alternator replacement a few months ago. $762 worth of the service writer ranting at me and the warranty contract administrator.

The service writers behavior from our $2.8k visit vs the $5h visit to r/r the alternator was a Jeckyll & Hyde experience. I thought about it for several months before I called GM to let them know (today) they had a bad apple. It was after driving my buddy’s 6.2L Silverado oil burner and totally loving it we realized, one bad apple at the dealership was spoiling the bunch.

My buddy who was doing a job down here in Cali explained how he lost power and the cluster lit up like Xmas. A dealer in Oregon got his Truck around 3 and called him back the next day saying it was fixed. The DEF injector was recalled and the Dlr rush fixed it in 6 hours to get him back on the road. $0 cost. The dealer and tech who pulled that off are what should be the norm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan