"Stormy" 16 Yukon Denali Kings/33’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
New goodies on the way!!
King 2.5” Coilovers with remote reservoir
Part #25001-148

Xineering OBD/SS magnaride delete kit

Arnott 3066 rear air shocks.

I’ve got a bit of a mix and match setup here I know, but I really wanted to keep the air leveling function in the rear. I tow a lot with this rig, and I wasn’t willing to give up that in order to run Kings in the rear… perhaps down the road I will look into building an air system divorced from the shock itself, but I’ve read good things about the Arnotts, so I’ll give em a shot.
Pics to follow when it all arrives.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Well… I did a thing! After a few weeks of riding on these disgusting blown out Magnaride garbage shocks I decided to go big or go home. King 2.5’s and the Xineering OBD SS. Arnott’s in the rear cuz I like the air lift function…
Getting the coilovers in the front was a bit of a hassle… even at their “zero lift” ride height they are a good 2.5” above stock. I had to disconnect the sway bar link, upper ball joint and tie Rod link on the passenger side just to be able to squeeze these beasts in there… When I did the drivers side I enlisted help from a buddy to stand on the lower control arm to get it to droop enough to slide the coilover in place…

All in all the install wasn’t too impossible… probably made it harder by not removing the inner fender liners… if I had to do it again I’d just pull those suckers out front and rear to make access better.
OBD SS module was a snap to install… literally 3 minutes, and just as their video shows. No codes or warning lights on the dash… I also bought the pass thru OBD cable in case I need to access the port.

Arnotts went in easily in the rear, they look like good quality stuff… kinda pale in comparison to the blingy goodness up front, but I like the air lift function so I’m sticking with it for now…
End result is a solid lift up front probably 2.5-3” over stock (of course I didn’t bother to measure before and after) and there’s a bit of a nose high “bro lean” going on… not too awful, and I’m thinking perhaps the springs will settle a tad in the front… so we’ll see… otherwise might be looking to come up about 1” in back…

Only had time for a quick test drive shakedown after the install and alignment, but everything seems great! Rides like a dream compared to prior setup… but I’ll take it down a few dirt roads to really shake it up a bit and report back…

E2CD2951-3D59-4D90-89A1-DC5FCCB353E6.jpeg2DCAB230-2914-4535-828C-C4CB66B89A9A.jpeg8109BECA-A1D1-4AB1-9BAB-4D56AB31EC90.jpegBCB602B2-B9AB-4495-B14A-7C828FFC0F6E.jpeg4EC6F4BD-1B8B-456C-BC18-6D4E9B436788.jpeg

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those shocks make me feel some kinda way! Truck looks great, really curious how the ride is after the coilovers.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Those shocks make me feel some kinda way! Truck looks great, really curious how the ride is after the coilovers.
It’s a game changer for sure… aside from being able to soak up any pothole or rut the road has to throw at you the overall handling is far better. No more nose diving on hard stops, no porpoise action, body stays level around right corners. Yes the shocks are tuned for a responsive ride, it’s not a plush wallowy rolling pillow, you can feel the input from the road. If a bump feels harsh, go back and hit it at a faster speed… you’ll barely notice it’s there!

Overall couldn’t be happier with the suspension.

OP
OP
Short_Haul

Short_Haul

Reaction score
Also having seen the new lineup of At-4 models from GMC, including the Yukon and Acadia, I can’t help but feel like they may have been watching this build!!

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a game changer for sure… aside from being able to soak up any pothole or rut the road has to throw at you the overall handling is far better. No more nose diving on hard stops, no porpoise action, body stays level around right corners. Yes the shocks are tuned for a responsive ride, it’s not a plush wallowy rolling pillow, you can feel the input from the road. If a bump feels harsh, go back and hit it at a faster speed… you’ll barely notice it’s there!

Overall couldn’t be happier with the suspension.
Thats good to hear, I am very seriously considering the Atomic Fab setup for my NBS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts