Stock Ride Height Measurements Please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LT with no Mag/Auto ride. I just had it lowered yesterday and like a huge moron, I forgot to take the stock ride height measurements before I had it done. It was a Belltech 2/4 kit. Spindles in the front and springs in the rear. The rear end is 1.25" lower than the front and I now have no clue how much the rear or the front was lowered. I need to figure out if I need to raise the rear up or lower the front more before I get the alignment. Can you please provide me with your stock ride heights from the ground to the center of the fender please. Or from the center of the wheel to the center of the fender. I know they're all slightly different, but at least it will give me a ball park. I appreciate any help.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The responses you would get to this type of question would be all over the place for many reasons; It is well documented on this forum here that GM used multiple part numbers for the OEM springs across the K2XX SUV platforms. So between the various suspension options, wheel/tire size options, and then throw into that inconsistent OEM spring part numbers the stock height becomes no longer the same even between 2 identical SUV's with same year, make, model, mileage, suspension option, and wheel/tire size. This is also why many of us that have installed lowering kits on our rigs with drop spindles in the front aren't quite getting a full 2" drop and others are.

The good news is: The answer to your questions is somewhat irrelevant.

You've installed a lowering kit and you state that the rear is about 1.25" lower than the front. So the way I see it is you have 2 options:

1. You like the ride height of the rear and you lower the front to match.
2. You like the ride height of the front and you raise the rear to match.

You've got drop spindles installed in the front.

Let's start with a list of exactly what parts you have installed in the rear:
Springs?
Spring Spacer?
Shock Extenders?
Bump Stops?
OEM Rubber Spring Isolators?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep