Stock radio minimum volume way too high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KVacek

Reaction score
05 Denali XL, all options, best radio. Had since 08. Radio (cd, etc) has always been wonderful. Last few years the minimum volume has been creeping up. Now the lowest is now too loud except on the highway, and one notch lower the volume goes off.

Last competent and honest radio shop I knew closed some years ago. Not even considering a dealer.

Is there an adjustment somewhere ? Not that hard to pull the radio to look, but I figured someone here's BTDT.

THANKS !!!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it happen on a 2018, and once I power cycled the truck electrical system it was fine. You could try that and see what it does. If nothing comes of that, then you may need someone with a tech2

OP
OP
KVacek

KVacek

Reaction score
Well that went easily. Never tried turning off the noise compensated volume. Loved that feature, didn't notice that it wasn't working. Now running through AllData's diagnostics to figure out what's wrong. At least for now the radio isn't blasting at lowest volume.

OP
OP
KVacek

KVacek

Reaction score
I've recently bought a Tech 2 but haven't looked for radio info. Been tied up with house stuff. This is a wonderful diversion from plumbing. I hate plumbing.

OP
OP
KVacek

KVacek

Reaction score
Tech 2 runs the microphone test - failed first time or two, then 4-5 different tries and it passed every time. Still need the automatic volume off, and it works fine except that feature. ALLDATA's rendition of the GM procedure says to replace the microphone and see if that fixes it. It's a $40 part and requires disassembly of the whole console to get to it, even to test the inputs. I'll see how it goes for now, and maybe if I have some other reason to dissect the console later on, I'll try that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic