Stock LT Wheel and stock suspension - tire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cardershack

Reaction score
So now I'm researching another mod I'm considering and that is the black vinyl on the window trim. what did you do to black out your window trim? I like how it looks all black and think it would still look good with my stock LT 18's that aren't black. there are cheap kits on eBay even but not sure if that is ****** quality or not.

PS: still no decision on the level. I no longer have worries about the warranty but just can't decide if I really want it or not. I do want to go up a size for my tires but really just want to have the stuffed wheel well look. still working through what I want on that. Your Tahoe definitely looks good to me and makes me want to do similar mods.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now I'm researching another mod I'm considering and that is the black vinyl on the window trim. what did you do to black out your window trim? I like how it looks all black and think it would still look good with my stock LT 18's that aren't black. there are cheap kits on eBay even but not sure if that is ****** quality or not.

PS: still no decision on the level. I no longer have worries about the warranty but just can't decide if I really want it or not. I do want to go up a size for my tires but really just want to have the stuffed wheel well look. still working through what I want on that. Your Tahoe definitely looks good to me and makes me want to do similar mods.
Thanks for the compliments.
I just bought some 3M vinyl wrap which is like an inch or so wide and 20+ feet long and then I just did section by section and used the plastic trim pulling tools to tuck it in nicely and then a lot of patience with a razor blade and it came out decent.
There’s a few spots if you’re up real close that you can see a slight fold or crinkle but I don’t really care. Doesn’t have to be perfect.

Can you get a pre cut kit? I’m sure. But if you mess that up, then good luck.
I figured with the roll I could mess up and re-do as many times as I’d like.

OP
OP
C

cardershack

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments.
I just bought some 3M vinyl wrap which is like an inch or so wide and 20+ feet long and then I just did section by section and used the plastic trim pulling tools to tuck it in nicely and then a lot of patience with a razor blade and it came out decent.
There’s a few spots if you’re up real close that you can see a slight fold or crinkle but I don’t really care. Doesn’t have to be perfect.

Can you get a pre cut kit? I’m sure. But if you mess that up, then good luck.
I figured with the roll I could mess up and re-do as many times as I’d like.
I appreciate the response. I'm going to consider doing that. I'm still on the fence of a level because I really just want to keep it close to stock. If I did a level I was thinking of either doing a 1" spacer or 5100's raised 1". I may just get 275/65/18's on my next set of tires and get BFG KO2's. I do travel a decent bit for work so I don't want to kill my MPG. I don't need tires rn so I'm just letting it roll for now.