Stock low beam headlights ( ugly pattern - what's wrong?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no comparison to see what's so darn ugly with my low beam stock headlights.

Such a weird pattern on the road, and I am not clear how to improve the adjustment "up-down".

Roadway is less lit up on the left side.

I keep finding HID & Projector threads. What do I do to improve my stock set-up?

2005 Yukon XL - purchased about 7 months ago, so still learning about the truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check to be sure your lamps are inserted correctly and that the housing is inserted properly, it's easy to mount them wrong. there is just 2 metal pins that you pull out literally can be done in seconds.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headlights were properly installed.... I put LEDs in the daytime lenses & carefully dropped the pins back in. The headlight pattern was a problem already. But, I will double check headlight bulb install.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headlights were properly installed.... I put LEDs in the daytime lenses & carefully dropped the pins back in. The headlight pattern was a problem already. But, I will double check headlight bulb install.
if your headlight housings are aftermarket some do not even resemble the oem reflector inside at all and have terrible light projection

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same, if they're aftermarket headlights chances are your light distribution is garbage compared to OEM.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, OK..... I'll try to see if the housings are OEM. Buying the truck used, ..ya never know.

Thanks.....

Update.... I see there is 2 adjusting screws for one light housing. The outboard screw is much lower.
Which screw adjusts what? ( In-out / up-down ) ?? It appears the screws only screw up-down?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubelieve....... Uh,...... yea...... uh,...... My passenger side low beam bulb was not inserted correctly.....:banghead:

I then, was able to aim lights better .. Man-o-man.. I wish the light pattern was a bit wider, for 90 degree turns in a dark neighborhood...( maybe adjust my fogs?).....

So now, I also want brighter stock-style bulbs.

What is the "plug -n- play" brighter bulb?? So many opinions out there..... ( 2005 Yukon XL )

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubelieve....... Uh,...... yea...... uh,...... My passenger side low beam bulb was not inserted correctly.....:banghead:

I then, was able to aim lights better .. Man-o-man.. I wish the light pattern was a bit wider, for 90 degree turns in a dark neighborhood...( maybe adjust my fogs?).....

So now, I also want brighter stock-style bulbs.

What is the "plug -n- play" brighter bulb?? So many opinions out there..... ( 2005 Yukon XL )
I always went HID on my nbs and the nnbs, but otherwise the sylvania silverstar bulbs are pretty good for just plug n play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan