Stiffer front struts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny, I was literally reading through that thread and saw this notification pop up.

What relocators are you talking about? I wasn't aware of any relocators that center the axle in the wheel wells, I know the ones that relocate the lower link mounts to correct the angle.
DJM RK2007 bracket kit.
"DJM’’s trailing arm brackets reposition the trailing arms down away from the frame to maintain suspension travel when using lowered coil springs."

That's the relocators. Technically, they're lower arm relocators and not axle relocators. So, technically again, they're not specifically to push the axle back, but they do. The swing of the arms makes the axle move forward when lowered. Putting the lower arm at it's original angle puts it's axle side attachment point further back, pushing the axle back a little. Now that I'm intentionally searching for pics, I can't find any. I recall seeing a Suburban that was really low and the rear wheel was obviously forward of center in the wheel well.

Let's move this to that other thread so we don't keep dragging this one off topic.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digging this up from the grave.
That wouldn't help much in dips where both tires are traveling in the same direction.

The Belltechs just seem too soft for my liking.
Digging this up from the grave. Did you ever get a setup together that worked for your needs? I have a similar issue, the rear with a 2" lowering spring and KYB Monomax shocks seems to be much stiffer (but not harsher) than stock and really what I am going for. Bumps are absorbed and there is no second order rebound oscillation. However, with the exact same shock up front and combined with KYB's stock ride height spring (one of those prepackaged spring/strut combos from rockauto) the front rebound does not match the rear even with the same shock. My guess is that the stiffer rear spring has something to do with this, but wondering also if valving is different with the rear set of shocks to accomodate towing as these are billed as a "HD" replacement.

Anyway, what did you end up with on the front end? @iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digging this up from the grave.

Anyway, what did you end up with on the front end? @iamdub

I got Belltech #25003 struts for additional drop to the McG spindles. Everyone seems to think the BT struts are too soft. Mine seem really stiff- about as stiff as my really old stock ones due to the AutoRide controller firming them up. But, it may not be the struts. I've read where some say to replace the springs and/or the top mount plate. None of this makes sense to me. I've always known worn springs to be weaker from fatigue, and, therefore, softer. I didn't know the mount plate was a wear item. I thought it was basically just a plate to cap off and retain the coil and strut rod and bolt to the pocket in the frame.

I wanna change some things with the drop, including going lower, and I have some BT #25004 struts on deck for that. I don't know what the difference is, but the '4 is supposed to be an upgraded design from the '3. They're both still a twin tube design. I think I'd rather a monotube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345