Sticky brake calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The failing wheel bearing can cause a vibe feel when breaking if it is loose enough. It can also help set a code relating to the speed sensor. What kind of problem are you experiencing?

Just remember that the rotor and hub assembly are spinning inside the pad and caliper assembly. Even if I lift my vehicle for any other reason, I always check for play with the front and rear bearings and the steering and suspension.
@PNW VietVet Intermittent grinding sensation coming from the pedal and steering wheel when coming to a stop. The front rotors look fine but my rear rotors have some streaks. I will be doing my front wheel bearings soon so I picked up another set of bosch brake pads incase I find that my newly installed Detroit axle pads are the culprit. I had just installed new pads and rotors when it began, wondering if the pads were too cheap.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Could be the pads. I would make sure the pads are ceramic and I always defer to AC Delco pads. Make sure the hardware is replaced at the same time. Can you tell which end the noise comes from?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up buying Brake Best calipers from Oreilly’s . These came with brackets ,guide pins and brake hardware . Did want to rebuild the old ones but couldn’t have the suburban for a few days. If they ever fail, the store is about 5 miles away. They came out to $98+tax for both.

View attachment 258626

Scares me when prices are that low.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a sticky passenger side front one, just noticed pads wearing uneven. Anyone have the write up for the zr1 brake upgrade?

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn off traction control. Go on gravel road. Slam brakes on gravel see witch wheel lockups first the one dragging will be the problem child. If it's dragging it will lockup.
Nothing locks abs might even kick light on .
Scan tool tell you witch one .

Semi-metallic brake pads clear up alot of uneven pull and chatter . That's just my findings

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Woodblocker55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows about greasing underneath the clips right.. and on top the clips? On the calipers. That's standard rust belt knowledge.
I just thought I would share it with everybody. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji106][emoji41]

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows about greasing underneath the clips right.. and on top the clips? On the calipers. That's standard rust belt knowledge.
I just thought I would share it with everybody. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji106][emoji41]

Yeah. Brake grease on pins, pad ears , slides, back of pads, etc.

outsidemike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i sure you cleaned them up good, but how much play is in the pins.
ive seen it where the pins can **** over to one side and cause the caliper to bind up

a brake hardware kit can sometimes fix this.....new pins and boots etc.

might have to look around for a kit, some parts guys at some stores will tell you theres no such this as brake hardware kits. usually like $10.

which reminds me, boots are effed on my rear calipers, need to replaced them before winter road salt gets in there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345