Stereo install help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,

I am currently installing my new system. I ordered a Pioneer Premier head unit with 4 new infinity reference speakers. I got the wire harness finished and connected to the factory harness and the Pioneer harness.

Now, I grounded the wires to the metal support behind where the radio goes in.

After all that- I don't get sound! The radio turns on and off like it is suppose to. BUT, while installing the radio and grounding it I heard a POP in the speakers and I think the sudden volt's from the battery blew them.

I don't have the new speakers installed yet. Could I have blown the factory ones or is it something else I am missing?

I re-checked all my wire connections with the crimp caps and everything was good. But, for some reason I think I blew my factory speakers!

Any thoughts? Need some help bad!

Thanks!

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have on star?

Yes, BUT after working for several more hours I forgot to tap into the AMP on/off wire from the 9 pin connector. So now I have sound but still no RADIO!

I was told by Crutchfield Tech that I need to test my ground, Attena, and my head unit itself to see what could be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie