Steering wheel trim separation-fixes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my steering wheel trim decided to start seperating today, I'm looking for fixes that people HAVE done and had good results with that have experienced the same issue. Not really looking for what might work, I can think of plenty of things. Looking for a product that has worked for others thanks ahead of time

IMG_20190131_095845.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my steering wheel trim decided to start seperating today, I'm looking for fixes that people HAVE done and had good results with that have experienced the same issue. Not really looking for what might work, I can think of plenty of things. Looking for a product that has worked for others thanks ahead of time

View attachment 215346
Nasty, FU....... use super gorilla glue....

Lmao ....;)

Edit: btw my 1978 oldsmobile delta 88 had same shit plastic wooden ring inside the edge of the wheel.... can’t believe gm is still doing that.... i got a new ring and super glued it in...so technically, i did do it... in 1986

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nasty, FU....... use super gorilla glue....

Lmao ....;)

Edit: btw my 1978 oldsmobile delta 88 had same shit plastic wooden ring inside the edge of the wheel.... can’t believe gm is still doing that.... i got a new ring and super glued it in...so technically, i did do it... in 1986

Mine cracked into pieces and we used RTV instead, in 1988! LOL

Reaction score
I hate that wood ring! Mine's not seperating or cracked, but when using the heated wheel that wood doesn't heat up like the rest of the wheel and stays cold.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put some epoxy on mine, but I didn't mix it right so it took like month to become fairly fixed it stays on now but would come off again if I pulled on it hard enough, i would recommend some well mixed epoxy then wrap it with some of that blue tape that can be taken off a few days later and not leave a sticky mess, I used zip ties but they weren't very comfortable on the fingers

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put some epoxy on mine, but I didn't mix it right so it took like month to become fairly fixed it stays on now but would come off again if I pulled on it hard enough, i would recommend some well mixed epoxy then wrap it with some of that blue tape that can be taken off a few days later and not leave a sticky mess, I used zip ties but they weren't very comfortable on the fingers
sounds like a fix to me