Steering Wheel Position Sensor bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugg... Ok, so before reinstalling my steering column, I found that I ruined my clockspring while I had it out by turning the wheel too many times in one direction. I install a new clockspring and now that code is gone... BUT now I have it installed and now getting a C0455 code that my Steering Wheel Position sensor needs to be replaced. The only thing I can think is that I did replace the Steering Column Bearing while I had the column out but I didn't remove the Positions Sensor at all. How did I screw that up? It was working fine before I pulled the column out.

Sorry, all... I know I've been posing here a lot lately. I bought a Tahoe with a lot of issues that I didn't know about.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ugg... Ok, so before reinstalling my steering column, I found that I ruined my clockspring while I had it out by turning the wheel too many times in one direction. I install a new clockspring and now that code is gone... BUT now I have it installed and now getting a C0455 code that my Steering Wheel Position sensor needs to be replaced. The only thing I can think is that I did replace the Steering Column Bearing while I had the column out but I didn't remove the Positions Sensor at all. How did I screw that up? It was working fine before I pulled the column out.

Sorry, all... I know I've been posing here a lot lately. I bought a Tahoe with a lot of issues that I didn't know about.

Sorry I don't have any insight here. I will say, however, the more you post problems and your path to solutions the better! That's what this group is for, first and foremost.

Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks HiHoe... I do post a lot here but I try to get back and post how someone solved it or how I figured it out on my own. I hope when this mess is done I can do more to help others instead of being the one that's always asking. lol

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you cannot just pull that sensor off and replace it on top of a new steering column bearing. There were some steps that I skipped that I should have been prepared for. It's a $120 OEM part so it's not going to break the bank but it's annoying and I would have probably just skipped replacing that bearing all together if I'd known I'd have to put on a new position module.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Mike, you are a great guinea pig for all these tear downs and repairs. Keep them coming. Post pics of the sensor/bearing replacement and make sure any wiring to sensor is clean and a tight plug in.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ron! I really appreciate that. I don't feel like so much of a leach now. I read through the other postings and try to comment if I feel like I have something worth reading. :)

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ron! I really appreciate that. I don't feel like so much of a leach now. I read through the other postings and try to comment if I feel like I have something worth reading. :)
My dad told me the best way to solve the problem of having never done something is to just do it. You, my friend, are doing it.:cheers:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

@mijohnst
Did you get it figured out?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, Did you figure it out yet? Is your freind with a Tech2 available? Maybe just the angle sensor reset problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GPPV