Steering wheel conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 Denali and as many know it's the old deep dish old looking grandpa wheel

I want a steeering from a 03-05 I understand you can't only switch the wheels you have to switch the whole columns because of the splines differenence

But anyways what's the process how is this done I'm not worried about the dic controls or the air bag I got one out of a 03 2500

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 Denali and as many know it's the old deep dish old looking grandpa wheel

I want a steeering from a 03-05 I understand you can't only switch the wheels you have to switch the whole columns because of the splines differenence

But anyways what's the process how is this done I'm not worried about the dic controls or the air bag I got one out of a 03 2500
Hey what's up man I know your post is pretty old but I see nobody even answered you on it which is pretty lame for a form that has 10 million Master mechanics. Anyhow I was just wondering what you ever found out about this? I was just out front right now and pulled the steering wheel off of my 02 Tahoe to put the steering wheel off of a newer 03 and up Escalade on it and it is not go. I noticed right away the airbags not the same it has two connections on the new one and only one on the old one. The little punk kid that sold it to me the other day told me he didn't install it because you didn't want to go without the airbag which I thought was kind of odd because they able to hook up to one another anyhow if you have any info shoot me a message I'd like to know more about this subject before I post something asking a question as well and have 15 dudes jumpin my shit about it already being asked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu