Stealth sub enclosure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ponta666

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah something out of wood be fine,as long as i have some measuremnets

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send the guy a message. He is super helpful and has always been quick to reply. I plan to order the one from him that goes between the rear captain seats. He basically said he could make it for whatever sub I wanted and was EXTREMELY helpful.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is not going to give you all the dimensions, it’s kind of a complicated shape and pretty cool how it fits so good you don’t even need to bolt it down. The console holds it in place. I have his 10” one, sounds tight. I’m sure it took a lot of experimenting in order to create the perfect shape. Pay the man or figure it out yourself.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Send the guy a message. He is super helpful and has always been quick to reply. I plan to order the one from him that goes between the rear captain seats. He basically said he could make it for whatever sub I wanted and was EXTREMELY helpful.

Between the captain's seats was a good location for me. Since I take my 2 white shepherds with me on most trips in the truck, it is always loaded with dog hair. One of the dogs loves to sit on the sub enclosure itself, and look over my right shoulder out the front windshield. I don't know whether he likes the view or the vibrations under his back end, better.

I have a quick disconnect connector for the speaker wires, so that I can remove the sub box quickly, if needed. I also carry an extension speaker wire set, so that I can move the sub box around to any location within, or outside of the truck, if needed.

Subwoofer.jpg

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the captain's seats was a good location for me. Since I take my 2 white shepherds with me on most trips in the truck, it is always loaded with dog hair. One of the dogs loves to sit on the sub enclosure itself, and look over my right shoulder out the front windshield. I don't know whether he likes the view or the vibrations under his back end, better.

I have a quick disconnect connector for the speaker wires, so that I can remove the sub box quickly, if needed. I also carry an extension speaker wire set, so that I can move the sub box around to any location within, or outside of the truck, if needed.

View attachment 271248
That is awesome. What sub are you running? How do you like the quality and output of the sub/box?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is awesome. What sub are you running? How do you like the quality and output of the sub/box?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for your interest, but I am a Crimson Tide fan. :biggun:

I have an AudioMobile brand sub, a little known USA manufacturer, that specializes in making quality subs for small volume sealed enclosures. (Their subs will also work great in vented enclosures.) Their subs are not a pancake sub design, but instead they use a more conventional shape, but proprietary, metal basket and vent design. My sub is a 10" 2 ohm sub in their middle-line GTS 2110 series, and it will work great in sealed enclosures as small as 0.5 cu. ft., and it runs optimally in a 1.0 cu. ft. sealed enclosure. It handles 400+ watts RMS, and 800+ watts peak. It compares favorably to a JL Audio W3 sub in sound quality (but not in pure volume, if that's your thing) at 30+% less in price. Please note that I am not in any way affiliated with, nor do I receive any compensation from, AudioMobile. I just like their subs lot, and I have them installed in 2 of my vehicles.

My enclosure is a custom built downward firing sealed box, using 1" MDF, with the two end pieces 3" lower than the bottom mounting surface for the sub, to allow for ample sound dispersion. The box has batting inside, and it is covered in a carpet material, closely matching the interior color of my truck.

I drive my sub with a 500 watt RMS amp that is hidden in the rear driver's side panel in front of the tire jack, and this sub and enclosure system delivers far more bass than I need, but it won't set off car alarms, or announce my arrival from 3 blocks away, which is just fine with me. The bass sound is very tight and clean, which you would expect from a sealed enclosure.

Sub Enclosure Underside.jpg

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your interest, but I am a Crimson Tide fan. :biggun:

I have an AudioMobile brand sub, a little known USA manufacturer, that specializes in making quality subs for small volume sealed enclosures. (Their subs will also work great in vented enclosures.) Their subs are not a pancake sub design, but instead they use a more conventional shape, but proprietary, metal basket and vent design. My sub is a 10" 2 ohm sub in their middle-line GTS 2110 series, and it will work great in sealed enclosures as small as 0.5 cu. ft., and it runs optimally in a 1.0 cu. ft. sealed enclosure. It handles 400+ watts RMS, and 800+ watts peak. It compares favorably to a JL Audio W3 sub in sound quality (but not in pure volume, if that's your thing) at 30+% less in price. Please note that I am not in any way affiliated with, nor do I receive any compensation from, AudioMobile. I just like their subs lot, and I have them installed in 2 of my vehicles.

My enclosure is a custom built downward firing sealed box, using 1" MDF, with the two end pieces 3" lower than the bottom mounting surface for the sub, to allow for ample sound dispersion. The box has batting inside, and it is covered in a carpet material, closely matching the interior color of my truck.

I drive my sub with a 500 watt RMS amp that is hidden in the rear driver's side panel in front of the tire jack, and this sub and enclosure system delivers far more bass than I need, but it won't set off car alarms, or announce my arrival from 3 blocks away, which is just fine with me. The bass sound is very tight and clean, which you would expect from a sealed enclosure.

View attachment 271253
Thank you so much for the reply and information. I used to be a big bass head, but I no longer want to rattle the windows out of the car. I just want good clean hard hitting bass for when I am riding around. I am definitely going to look into this. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel