Starting issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rownell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Doubeleive, thanks for the tip. I found it at Rock Auto. I'm going to drop the tank tomorrow to make sure which plug type I need. Pretty sure it'll end up being the 2x2 square.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubeleive, thanks for the tip. I found it at Rock Auto. I'm going to drop the tank tomorrow to make sure which plug type I need. Pretty sure it'll end up being the 2x2 square.
They make swapping the plug easy. The new pumps have an upgraded plug.

OP
OP
R

Rownell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rocket Man. Thanks. Would you go with the new plug style or get an original? I guess if I drop the tank and my existing plug is in bad shape I defeated the purpose of buying the direct fit. The new one with the new plug is $70 cheaper to. Both are AC Delco.

Thanks

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
OK. I am back. Thanks again to everybody who is walking me through this. I have narrowed the fuel pump down to two options. The AC Delco MU1615 is 144.50 on ebay and comes with a wiring adapter kit for a 1x4 flat. The AC Delco MU2294 Professional is 224.09 with no adapter. It has 2x2 square plug on it. Assuming mine has the 2x2 on it already (why else send an adapter) I am leaning at spending the extra money so I don't have to deal with splicing the wires and worrying about it down the road. I live in MN and the salt they put on our roads is a killer. Thoughts?

The MU1615 is gas only. You need the MU2294 since you're VIN Z. It's on rock auto for $212.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rocket Man. Thanks. Would you go with the new plug style or get an original? I guess if I drop the tank and my existing plug is in bad shape I defeated the purpose of buying the direct fit. The new one with the new plug is $70 cheaper to. Both are AC Delco.

Thanks
I guess your question was answered by @HiHoeSilver .

OP
OP
R

Rownell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The MU1615 is gas only. You need the MU2294 since you're VIN Z. It's on rock auto for $212.
Hey Silver! Do you know by chance if the fuel filter on a VIN Z is threaded on both ends or does it have the quick connect? I can crawl under it tonight. Just wondering. I'm going to order both tonight. Quick connect is AC Delco GF847. Double threaded is AC Delco GF652. Thanks.

OP
OP
R

Rownell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Silver! Do you know by chance if the fuel filter on a VIN Z is threaded on both ends or does it have the quick connect? I can crawl under it tonight. Just wondering. I'm going to order both tonight. Quick connect is AC Delco GF847. Double threaded is AC Delco GF652. Thanks.
By both I mean pump and filter.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

I don't. Mine doesn't have a filter. It's in the pump assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442