Stability System Disabled/Engine Power Reduced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on Internet forums since soon after Al Gore opened the Internet, and I've always been amazed at how some people who have not experienced something have advice about it.

Sorta like people who love their timeshares not being compassionate with those who want to get rid of them.

I'm on forums to find those who know how to fix stuff, and to share how I have, if I have.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stand by what I said, that GM should be involved in letting owners know what all can go wrong with their fly-by-wire, since it is so confusing, and, after all, it is their improvement to the pedal to throttle link. Just read all the threads on just this one forum and you can see GM owners need some guidance. Just one of many forums trying to Macgyver a fix.

The shop manual is where DIY owners find this information.

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our mechanic went through everything and determined that it was the two sensors in the OEM throttle body he put on a year ago, when this happened then, that were not agreeing.

So he put on another identical OEM throttle body, with sensors.

He said he has not been able to get it to screw up.

I made it home from his place, about five miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne