Stabilitrak issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we are 5 days into and 5 days left in our road trip vacation in my 16 LT. The last 3 mornings, DIC randomly pops service stabilitrak with yellow matching icon under Speedo. After a few miles/minutes everything settles down and all systems are fine. Anyone ever see this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, we are 5 days into and 5 days left in our road trip vacation in my 16 LT. The last 3 mornings, DIC randomly pops service stabilitrak with yellow matching icon under Speedo. After a few miles/minutes everything settles down and all systems are fine. Anyone ever see this?
without a tech2 or similar scanner capable of reading the bcm codes it's anybody's guess, could be wheel hub failing, could be a abs sensor failing, loose connection, could be something else seemingly unrelated, last time mine did that it was just a loose connection on one of the front shocks but they had been replaced fairly recently so it wasn't something that just came loose normally on it's own, it wasn't put on right when the shocks were replaced. when I hooked up the tech2 it told me the right front shock sensor, no other scanner would read it except maybe a snap on or something high end used in shops.

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
without a tech2 or similar scanner capable of reading the bcm codes it's anybody's guess, could be wheel hub failing, could be a abs sensor failing, loose connection, could be something else seemingly unrelated, last time mine did that it was just a loose connection on one of the front shocks but they had been replaced fairly recently so it wasn't something that just came loose normally on it's own, it wasn't put on right when the shocks were replaced. when I hooked up the tech2 it told me the right front shock sensor, no other scanner would read it except maybe a snap on or something high end used in shops.
My ride does not have magnetic ride, so my front shocks(factory) should be non electronic, correct?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe if you are near a dealership they might be nice enough to just hook a up tech2 and see if there is any saved codes and not charge you for it.

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. The past few months have been without issues of the original warning light issue, but, this week I have noticed during early morning drives, I see the DIC warning about Stabilitrack issues continually for the first few miles, then, ONLY when I encounter a problem road surface area (briefly). My question would be, can anyone tell me where the connectors are located I would need to check before I spend my funds at the dealership?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. The past few months have been without issues of the original warning light issue, but, this week I have noticed during early morning drives, I see the DIC warning about Stabilitrack issues continually for the first few miles, then, ONLY when I encounter a problem road surface area (briefly). My question would be, can anyone tell me where the connectors are located I would need to check before I spend my funds at the dealership?

Well, the electrical wires are near each hub, just follow the wiring from the hub to the control arm, look for frayed wiring and a loose connection. For the fronts, turn the wheel all the way over to see.

No Tech-2 for you, need MDI/MDI2 and GDS2 software to pull those codes. They will tell you what's wrong and where. Some of the better Bluetooth adapters and phone apps can read those codes.

Where did y'all go?

OP
OP
RST Dana

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the electrical wires are near each hub, just follow the wiring from the hub to the control arm, look for frayed wiring and a loose connection. For the fronts, turn the wheel all the way over to see.

No Tech-2 for you, need MDI/MDI2 and GDS2 software to pull those codes. They will tell you what's wrong and where. Some of the better Bluetooth adapters and phone apps can read those codes.

Where did y'all go?
While I was at the dealer getting my new Michelin’s last week the light popped on when I was ready to leave. The dealer checked it for codes and nothing was reporting since it was on and off so fast.

We did a 4K road trip to Badlands and on the Mt Rushmore.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was at the dealer getting my new Michelin’s last week the light popped on when I was ready to leave. The dealer checked it for codes and nothing was reporting since it was on and off so fast.

We did a 4K road trip to Badlands and on the Mt Rushmore.

Beautiful country! Huh, I've never seen that before, mine always has a code stored and a snapshot of the conditions when the message came on.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Aren’t you still under warranty? My truck was throwing random codes, and it was a loose connection. Problem is - it could be in several places, so it took the dealer a while to find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345