Stabilitrak Intermittent Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc Marc

Reaction score
2013 Yukon Denali Hybrid, 165K miles, all stock.

My Driver Information Center message intermittently says Stabilitrak Initializing while driving, and goes away on its own after driving. Almost daily this occurs. Everything feels normal otherwise.

Just before this started, I had a single tire failure and had it replaced while on a trip. The other three were less than a year old with good tread, so did not change them. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions.

ciao,
Marc

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2013 Yukon Denali Hybrid, 165K miles, all stock.

My Driver Information Center message intermittently says Stabilitrak Initializing while driving, and goes away on its own after driving. Almost daily this occurs. Everything feels normal otherwise.

Just before this started, I had a single tire failure and had it replaced while on a trip. The other three were less than a year old with good tread, so did not change them. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for any suggestions.

ciao,
Marc

Is your Denali AWD?

How many miles were on the tires before the single tire failure?

OP
OP
M

Marc Marc

Reaction score
The Denali Hybrid is a 4 wd, not AWD like my past Yukon Denali's (nonhybrid).

I will measure the tread differences to be sure, but suspect that there is more than 2/32's difference from the new one vs. the old ones. I would estimate the other 3 tires are about 20% down from their original tread.

If this is the case, will I harm the system running it like it is, or should I bite the bullet and get 4 new tires. I already put about 3,000 miles on the newest tire while dealing with this situation.

Thank you.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this on hard corners all the time but I think it is the 3.5" lift and oversize wheels and tires causing it. it has not annoyed me enough to take any action just yet. The Nitto Grapplers appear to be wearing pretty evenly. Yes I know it is pretty silly to lift a Hybrid LOL but it was like that when I bought it a couple of years back. Dang thing is a beast I love it........

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have an update. Finally got super tired of the oversize Nitto grapplers vibrating/bouncing/whining/roaring and basically beaing me to death going down the road. I think the nittos had about 65k on them. I bought a set of Michelin Defenders yesterday 275/55 R20 My issue with the Stabl trac is gone and this ole thing with +245k on it drives like a dream (well compared to how it was anyway LOL) I bought it used and I suspect that one of the tires had been replaced at some point before I bought it in 2018 and that the replaced tire was a slightly different size (larger) Now if I can find where the oil leak is coming from and get that fixed I will be back happy again.