Stabilitrak disable function?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I would normally drive with it off, but I would like to turn it off once in awhile to test, and see what the truck wants to do when on slippery roads, or just drifting sometimes in the snow for fun. It's a 13 PPV and I know it can't be shut off completely, but thought it could be partially disabled by holding down the button a few seconds. Tried many ways, but all I can get turned off is traction control.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know when I press the button, one of the systems turns off (either Traction Control or Stabilitrak) and if I continue to hold the button for about 5 seconds, the other system turns off. I think Stabilitrak automatically turns on over a certain speed or when a certain amount of slip is detected. Yeah- no fun.

This is on my '08 LTZ. I don't know if the PPV/SSV units have Stabilitrak.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2013 and up SSVs have both. Stabilitract is part of ABS and active something, doubt that can be turned off. Traction control can be.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Hold the button down for 5 seconds, works in my truck....the weird thing is I get no lights, I wonder if all the bulbs are pulled from my cluster lol

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In addition to not being able to partially disable the stabili-trak, I haven't figured out how to display engine running hours either.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
the DIC button got me engine hours.....3912 hours with 115k on the clock here...also there is usually a relay or fuse you can pull to completely disable all traction control but I think this also affects the abs

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Solace. That worked in the ACC position. I had been trying it in the on position. It showed 9968 hours at 73000 miles.

Ojustracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keith yup as you found you cannot disable it 100% officially. I did find on my 13 ppv that you can unplug the Brake fluid level sensor and guess what traction control/stabiltrac are disabled. But you do get warning lamps/chimes every 3 min or so. Drive over your favorite road then disable it and go again to see how intrusive the Stabiltac really is.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To turn off traction control, press
and release traction button on the instrument
panel. The appropriate DIC
message displays. See Ride
Control System Messages on
page 5-40.

. To turn off both traction control
and StabiliTrak
, press and