Stabilitrac, traction control, and abs lights only in the morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phaley99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 Tahoe with 120k miles just started giving me the stabilitrac off, traction control off, abs disabled lights but only when I start it for the first time and drive to work. The truck doesn’t feel any different when driving with these lights on. Only thing that could be causing it is my CV boot is tearing and needs to be replaced.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting any codes? Like wheel speed sensors, etc?

OP
OP
phaley99

phaley99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you getting any codes? Like wheel speed sensors, etc?
Don’t have anything to pull the codes with. Just started yesterday so I haven’t gotten it to a shop or anything.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have anything to pull the codes with. Just started yesterday so I haven’t gotten it to a shop or anything.
Some auto parts stores have basic scanners and will pull codes for you. Something like a C0035, 40, 45, 50, C0131, etc. would tell you if it was an ABS sensor issue.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2008 Tahoe with 120k miles just started giving me the stabilitrac off, traction control off, abs disabled lights but only when I start it for the first time and drive to work. The truck doesn’t feel any different when driving with these lights on. Only thing that could be causing it is my CV boot is tearing and needs to be replaced.
No, there's a lot of things that could be causing those lights least of which is grease being flung out from a torn bellows boot. A basic code reader is not going to help you, you need a scan tool that can read chassis (ABS) codes. Who do you know with a Tech-2? Live in Florida? There are a number of us on here with them across the state.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this little guy that I take with me on trips. It's like a mini Tech2 in terms of being able to read both data and codes from all of the modules. Can't do any changes with it, but it's great for the money.

OP
OP
phaley99

phaley99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My buddy said he’s got something that should pull the code so I’m gonna see if his device will work. Will update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094