SS2000 horn ring wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordanpryce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey all. Happy to be upfitting a 2019 Z71 for my fire dept POV.

I finished up the lights for my SS2000SM and want to wire in to the horn button for the simulated air horn (I can’t use sirens in NY).

Can anyone offer up whether or not the Tahoe horn is ground switched or positive switched and if I need a relay? I’d like to be able to switch from normal horn to air horn and the directions aren’t very intuitive. Any wiring help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Jordan

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the 2019, but on my 2012 it was very simple to wire in my air horn... The relay is built into the under hood panel, and the horn fuse is only charged when you hit the horn... This made it a snap to wire in an additional switch and relay to get my air horn working and easy to disable.

If the 2019 is similar, you're in for an easy project.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jordanpryce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m not sure if pre-2015 are the same. I should also mention that my car is not a PPV.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always put a multimeter on the horn fuse to see if there's 12v. If not, just have someone hit the horn while you look for 12v at the fuse.

If it's switched like that, you can just use one of those fuse taps for your activated 12v.

And at least on the 2012, PPV doesn't make a difference for that.

OP
OP
J

Jordanpryce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s an interesting idea. It doesn’t switch off the regular horn though. I think the SS2000 has a built in circuit for this purpose, but I’m not clear.

On my old car I had interrupted the normal horn connection by running it up to a switch which toggled between air horn or normal horn. I’m trying to do the same for this one.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s an interesting idea. It doesn’t switch off the regular horn though. I think the SS2000 has a built in circuit for this purpose, but I’m not clear.

On my old car I had interrupted the normal horn connection by running it up to a switch which toggled between air horn or normal horn. I’m trying to do the same for this one.
A second relay in the circuit will allow you to switch between the two by the dash switch.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you haven't figured it out yet, try elightbars.org

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe it is a green white wire and i think its grounded like the old ones but i would check with a meter before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons