Squeaking when going over speed bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question been dealing with this for months and no shop can seem to figure it out, so here it is: everytime i go over a speed bump, a pot hole, or anything that makes the rear of yukon go up and down or side to side, i get a sqeaking rubbing noise (sounds like metal on metal), do any one have this problem, if so do you know how to fix it?

everything is still stock only changes are i have the bilstein 5100 shocks, and i changed the sway bar bushings, other then that everything seems in good order...so looking for help, thanks in advance...

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bushings on the link bars is a possibility.

Showmehomey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The sway bar end links are the rods that connect the sway bar to the frame.

I suspect you used polyurethane bushings when you installed the sway bar. Usually the bushings come with grease. The grease helps reduce the squeaking. If you didn't use grease on the install, you can spray some white lithium grease on the exposed part of the bushing and it will wick itself into the rubbing surfaces.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that or i had a problem a few months ago same issue but it turned out to be my leafs rubbing together just sprayed some lithium grease as said and it went away

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So question been dealing with this for months and no shop can seem to figure it out, so here it is: everytime i go over a speed bump, a pot hole, or anything that makes the rear of yukon go up and down or side to side, i get a sqeaking rubbing noise (sounds like metal on metal), do any one have this problem, if so do you know how to fix it?

everything is still stock only changes are i have the bilstein 5100 shocks, and i changed the sway bar bushings, other then that everything seems in good order...so looking for help, thanks in advance...

rodwar254,

I agree with "yates" as a possible cause. I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They should be able to provided more information after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service

OP
OP
rodwar254

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok cool, ill try the spray on both areas and let you all know what happens. thanks for the info.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get a solution? Ty
the solutions were all noted above, just needs grease, the proper way to do it is to unbolt the bushings grease them up real good and bolt them back up, spraying them from the outside generally doesn't last very long before they will start making noise again but is a easy fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh