Squeaking from rear axle after Silverado Hybrid is turned off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

botts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking at buying a 2011 Silverado Hybrid and it drives great, feels good and shifts smoothly from battery to gas, but it has a weird squeak after stopping.

I was hoping to ask if that was common or if it is something to be concerned about.

It almost sounds like squeaky shocks, but it only appears after the vehicle has been driven then parked and remains for about 3 minutes. It's a repetitive squeaking noise that seems to be coming from behind the brakes. Shaking the vehicle vertically or laterally does not seem to impact the noise.

Is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks!

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Behind the brakes? Are you talking about on the interior behind the brake pedal? If so that is most likely the CD player. GM vehicles of this vintage all seem to make a funny noise after shutting them down. You get used to it LOL. Go drive a few more in this year range to make sure that is what it is though.....

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was looking at buying a 2011 Silverado Hybrid and it drives great, feels good and shifts smoothly from battery to gas, but it has a weird squeak after stopping.

I was hoping to ask if that was common or if it is something to be concerned about.

It almost sounds like squeaky shocks, but it only appears after the vehicle has been driven then parked and remains for about 3 minutes. It's a repetitive squeaking noise that seems to be coming from behind the brakes. Shaking the vehicle vertically or laterally does not seem to impact the noise.

Is there anything else I should look out for?

Thanks!
Yeah the rear driver side? normal get the brakes checked out if you're that worried

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518