Squat with acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
How much space is between your control arm and jounce bumpers.I had the same problem only leveling it came up 3 inches.When i took off it would lift the front end very fast and hard.I added a button and washer to take up almost all slack and its perfect now.The front end does not rise.

Attachments

• driver jounce (1).jpg
    driver jounce (1).jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The OP ghosted on us. Last seen September 10th. Hit and run or just a drive-by!

OP
OP
B

brendenrow97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your castor adjustment being negative will cause this along with no downward travel of the upper control arm.
Plenty of travel up and down almost as there’s too much of it. Which is why it’s cussing it to “go out of alignment” when hard acceleration and pick up. Had moog
On before with this lift for 2 years before going to Kryptonite. I’m assuming that’s since there’s no rebound on Kryptonite control arm bushings it just causes a lot of free play in my travel

OP
OP
B

brendenrow97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much space is between your control arm and jounce bumpers.I had the same problem only leveling it came up 3 inches.When i took off it would left the front end very fast and hard.I added a button and washer to take up almost all slack and its perfect now.The front end does not rise.
Your idea makes since but did you install to the top for the upper control arm? Rn mine bump stop was resting on the control arm before but I trimmed to make upward travel of the control arms smoother. I would need to mount that on the top part of the farm to keep the upper control arm from traveling down ward any further

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Your idea makes since but did you install to the top for the upper control arm? Rn mine bump stop was resting on the control arm before but I trimmed to make upward travel of the control arms smoother. I would need to mount that on the top part of the farm to keep the upper control arm from traveling down ward any further
Maybe put some pics in here-the way i see it the jounce prevents upper control arm from moving down to much and lower control arm from moving up to much.the jounce should be very close if not resting on the control arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts