Squat with acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brendenrow97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 05 Yukon SLT with a 4” lift added Kryptonite upper control arms and noticed a lot of pick up in the front and a lot of squat in the rear with acceleration which causes the alignment to get thrown out and tires to squeal. When I let of the throttle it will settle down but I’ve been fighting this for a few months. Has anyone ran into this issue?

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How old are your rear shocks? Causes tires to squeal AKA rubbing on something?

OP
OP
B

brendenrow97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2 years no rubbing the squeal is coming from the tire on the asphalt due to the amount of pick up and squat. For some reason even when I jack my vehicle up the toe gets pulled in so I’m assuming it does the same the when the front end picks up while accelerating

OP
OP
B

brendenrow97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So your front tires squeal?
Only when the squat is bad on acceleration and the front picks up, mainly on fairly fresh or fresh paved roads. When suspension is leveled back down it drives normal. Not misaligned and has brand new tires. Just try to figure out why it dumps its ass so hard when accelerating

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How long since the last frontend alignment? Can you post the results of that alignment?

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suspension geometry will always pull in the suspension on any IFS vehicle when it’s at the bottom or top of the arc.

New tires, new asphalt, hard acceleration, sounds like you’re spinning a (rear) tire...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 Yukon SLT with a 4” lift added Kryptonite upper control arms and noticed a lot of pick up in the front and a lot of squat in the rear with acceleration which causes the alignment to get thrown out and tires to squeal. When I let of the throttle it will settle down but I’ve been fighting this for a few months. Has anyone ran into this issue?
Right after a u-turn and at the drag strip. It's not really a problem!

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the wrong shocks on it.Like 90/10 shocks

Maximus05Escalade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your castor adjustment being negative will cause this along with no downward travel of the upper control arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos