Sqeekey suspension!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
So the hoe just turned 24 and I have NEVER touched and/or replaced any rubber components on the body and suspension, so I feel its time to give it alittle love. Anyone know if there is a kit of sorts so I don’t have to hunt and peck for individual rubber parts pieces?

Also, if anyone has done this, any words of the wise would be appreciated (lessions learned/ hindsight 20/20)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Use Genuine GM parts or AC Delco parts. The original lasted this long, so why change....

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I had a simular thought . . .

HOWEVER . . . I have been having a love hate relationship with AC Delco. Most of their new stuff is NOT the same quality as they once were. But that’s what happens when you outsource everything to Mexico. If Denso (Japan) makes the same part, I’ve been going with them instead with excellent results. Denso also makes things in Mexico, but the quality is much better.

Last edited:

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a good weekends work to change all the rubber on a 2 door. I would recommend buying new upper control arms with the rubber already installed. I had to “burn” the old rubber bushings out with a torch. Then put in polyeurethane bushings, that ate themselves 10 years later, then just got new control arms. You are going to pray that your body mount bolts are not too rusted. When removing, loosen a bit, retighten a bit. Work them out slowly. Remove all the bolts on one side, loosen the other side and wrap some wood with soft cloths on a floor jack (If you have a hoist then you are golden) and jack it on the body, just enough to get your pucks out. I didn’t even attempt the rubber at my leaf springs. Take pics and post up your progress. Good luck!