Sputtering and the traction control light comes on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

landonm11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello folks,

My Yukon is giving me trouble once I get to about 45 mph and higher

It has a noticeable sputter accompanied by the Traction control light coming on and off.

Acceleration I have no problems with. I have noticed that it happens once the truck is warmed up. It will not happen if I just run to the corner store and back home. Anytime I gets to normal operating temp is when it starts to sputter and jerk.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should probably do a little more research to narrow down the possibilities, but it could be the ABS control module, it could be a wheel sensor, or it could be bearings going bad -- and these are just the items off the top of my head. If you search YouTube, some of these items should be there and you can see if you have any other symptoms that would suggest one issue over another. Good luck.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check for pending codes. Clean the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner.

Might give us an idea what maintenance has been done and how many miles are on the rig. History?

OP
OP
L

landonm11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check for pending codes. Clean the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner.

Might give us an idea what maintenance has been done and how many miles are on the rig. History?
Bought some cleaner today. Going to get a good cleaning tomorrow with new air filter

I did a lil test tonight

I pulled the abs fuse and ran the truck for about 20 miles with NO sputter and NO T/C light coming on.

Idk what this means but I put the fuse back in and started the truck up… drove it back home the 20 miles and had zero issues again.

Before this test the truck did the sputter and T/C light without fail.

OP
OP
L

landonm11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update. Finally go the word back from my Mechanic. The ABS control module had gone bad and was causing the issue. He swapped it out and drove around town for about 100 miles. Street driving and highway driving no sputtering at all.

I came over drove it about the same and the problem is solved!

Having the unit rebuilt along with my gauge cluster(had some motors going out in it as well)

Thanks everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9