Spohn Rear Control Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my Spohn arms and trackbar installed!

The brake line used to attach to the OEM track bar with clips that kept it up and not hanging near the ground. I used zip-ties to hold the brake line up on the Spohn track bar, but it is still too low for my comfort.

For those of you who have the Spohn trackbar, how are you holding up the brake line to where it's out of the way and not hanging down where it can get snatched?
Everybody uses big zip ties like you did. I suppose you could look for some large clamps or there’s also the stainless steel zip ties.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The brake line used to attach to the OEM track bar with clips that kept it up and not hanging near the ground. I used zip-ties to hold the brake line up on the Spohn track bar, but it is still too low for my comfort.

For those of you who have the Spohn trackbar, how are you holding up the brake line to where it's out of the way and not hanging down where it can get snatched?
Mine is similar to how you have it but with hose clamps instead of zip ties and driver side attach closer to end of the track bar to get it up a little tighter

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@gmartin1215 Hose clamps IMG_0417.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stainless steel zip ties look a lot cleaner IMO. You just tighten them up and cut off the excess and it leaves a nice band around the bar.

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stainless steel zip ties look a lot cleaner IMO. You just tighten them up and cut off the excess and it leaves a nice band around the bar.
When I do the complete spohn kit on the rear of my Tahoe the pan hard bar is going to get the facitory clips added.

I’ve seen the zip ties, hose clamps and I’m in shock!

Sorry guys. Maybe I’m just a PMF but none of that looks very good.

Shannon

Last edited:
OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up using the stainless steel zip ties. Looks good, IMO. Like it was factory installed. Seems to hold better than the wide plastic zips I was using. Thanks, @Rocket Man for the tip!

Imlow78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Imlow78 I look forward to seeing how that might work
Will do Dustin. Being a weldor, fabricator and machinist I’m looking to machine a piece that clamps to spohn unit that will accept the brake lines out of aluminum, stainless or titanium depending on what I can get my hands on. Most metals are getting short in supply right now or I’ll make a weld on tab.

I’m buying the black kit that way I can ether sand blast and powder coat or paint to look factory.

Shannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh