Split Decision... Help me make up my mind!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jamo

Reaction score
That is correct, M3...no CDL, no air brake endorsement. It's registered as a motorhome. I do wish we did need some sort of endorsement to drive them though. Mine weighs 23,000# and anyone ( basic license) can hop behind the wheel. My 700# Harley, I need an endorsement.
I drove truck for lots of years back in the 70's & 80's so the size and/or mirrors don't bother me. Can't say the same for a lot of these drivers of oversize custom coaches though.
Sorry P-07...don't mean to hijack your thread...

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is correct, M3...no CDL, no air brake endorsement. It's registered as a motorhome. I do wish we did need some sort of endorsement to drive them though.

Yeah thats nuts...putting a retiree and mrs. retirees behind the wheel of a 100gal of fuel hauling 50' 10 ton missle? Yeah you should have some extra testing and requirements for that.

Jamo

Reaction score
Actually, mine is a 35' x 8' x 11', 12 ton aluminum missile with 140 gallons of Diesel and 25 gallons of gas in the pony tank for the generator. And 100# of propane.
They get bigger from there...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Actually, mine is a 35' x 8' x 11', 12 ton aluminum missile with 140 gallons of Diesel and 25 gallons of gas in the pony tank for the generator. And 100# of propane.
They get bigger from there...
Damn! I hope the wrong type of people never get behind the wheel of one!!

OP
OP
P

Phoenician_07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright, so at least I chose to go with a Suburban now the question is Gmt800 or Gmt900? I’m leaning towards gmt900 only because I live in Arizona and all the gmt800 burbs are all dry rotted and falling apart on the inside LITERALLY. I understand that a lot has changed with GMT900 especially when it comes to do a lift which I’m interested in doing nothing crazy just a 6inch but than there’s auto ride to deal with etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC