Spiders, I hate Spiders, Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
Hey gear heads! So the HT383 goes in this week. The spider injection system is original. I ordered stainless headers today and think it would be a great idea to open the intake side up as well. The Holley rep wasn't encouraging when we discussed the options, I'm not too keen on 2 computers/controllers and there are no components to make the factory computer to control/talk to their system. I am specifically looking at the Holley Stealth Ram, does it connect to the existing ECU.

Hope to hear some good ideas for spider alternatives.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only real alternative is a carb/intake/dist swap. Everything else is a computer mess.

OP
OP
3dirtwheels

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
That's what I'm finding, grrrr. The Holley Sniper seemed like a good idea, but so far I'm leaning to upgrading the Spider to a multiport Spider with the solenoids on the ends with larger tubing. Thanks

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless your 383 is hugely built, the factory injection (updated) should work fine. Otherwise, just an injector swap . Kinda a PITA to run the injector wires and make sure fuel lines seal on swap. Had to do it both ways before. Careful when you buy spider replacement for injector swap.

OP
OP
3dirtwheels

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
Is there any other product that work without considerable programming issues and/or leaving error codes?

Unless your 383 is hugely built, the factory injection (updated) should work fine. Otherwise, just an injector swap . Kinda a PITA to run the injector wires and make sure fuel lines seal on swap. Had to do it both ways before. Careful when you buy spider replacement for injector swap.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the l31 "marine" intake was the popular swap back in the day. any sbc for vortec heads that has provisions for mpfi should work though. just need it complete with injectors and rails

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
The updated MPI type spider is a vast improvement. Just remember that you need 61-64 lbs fuel pressure or you won't fire off the injectors. It can be reprogrammed for forced induction.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you get it in yet? I thought about the ht383e but went with a cammed 5.3 ls instead

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne