Speed Engineering 3" Dual Exhaust Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Speed Engineering makes a nice Stainless Steel 3" Dual Exhaust kit for GM Trucks. Have any of you tried using it on your Tahoe? The only real question is will the over the axle pipes fit with the coil spring suspension vs the leaf springs that the trucks use.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dual 3s seems overkill unless you have a blown 6.0.
Seriously, my friends Lightning making 510hp and 650tq is running dual 3s...

Edit: just read the other thread... should work good, carry on.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 3" true duals on my 6.2, also my 6.0 in my 06 Sierra Denali has 3" true duals from factory to the muffler. If you are running a 6.0 or above, you need 3" duals

OP
OP
Boosted Hoe

Boosted Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dual 3s seems overkill unless you have a blown 6.0.
Seriously, my friends Lightning making 510hp and 650tq is running dual 3s...

Edit: just read the other thread... should work good, carry on.
I will be running a Supercharged 6.1 .

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be running a Supercharged 6.1 .
Yeah, that was the edit i did. Lol read that thread after replying to this one.
It wil still be plenty of flow for your setup. Believe it or not, the Lightning i posted about the owner went from long tubes and dual 2.5s with dual mufflers to 3 inch dual pipes through a magnaflow dual in/out internal Xpipe muffler and gained 10 hp and tq was basically the same.
I am not convinced it was the pipe size that was responsible for power increases more so the muffler design. But to each his own

OP
OP
Boosted Hoe

Boosted Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if the over the axle portion will work with the Tahoe rear suspension vs the leaf spring suspension on the Pick-up Truck it's designed for. I asked Speed Engineering, and they wouldn't commit, and don't offer a Tahoe / Suburban specific kit.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant help there. I would guess it may be close, but with it being developed for leaf springs vs coils and control arms it may be off by an in or a mile.
You could always use what works and have the rest fabbed at a shop. That's probably what i would do anyway, as ive never been a fan of the duals on one side of a vehicle. But that's just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons