Spark plug wires, which ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonny

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC Delco has 3 levels of quality. AC Delco OEM is top of the pack, followed by AC Delco Professional or Gold, which is 2nd in line and can be bad, and AC Delco Problem Solver or Silver which is usually crap. Just because it says AC Delco, even from RockAuto, make sure you are getting the right level of quality.
I just ordered this one: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1140108&cc=1371620&jsn=16 The 9748HH. I find everywhere these should be the good ones?

Edit: Will be €70 for me. MSDs where €120. So worth the difference in money to go for the Delcos!

Last edited:

findog78

Reaction score
i wouldn't run msd products on anything. had nothing but problems with thier parts ive used in the past and they just fought me on thier refund/replacement until i gave up. ive had nothing but luck with taylor products so ive stuck with those. accel offered a real nice spark plug wire for header applications but i cant find those anymore. either way acdelco or taylor for me
Which Taylor wires did you run? Were they straight or 45゚? Do you remember which style style of excel wires you had for header's?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Taylor wires did you run? Were they straight or 45゚? Do you remember which style style of excel wires you had for header's?
Taylor wires are easy you can buy them premade for your vehicle. the accel wires id have to look for but i was never able to find them again for myself outside that one time. those were 90s though so thier application list would be small. but again with the taylors any place that sells them just search by vehicle and pick the set that matches your need. if i didn't need the extra heat resistant i just bought the lower ones which appeared to be a step over stock. if i was running headers they have a set that are specifically good with heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9