Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richs1

Reaction score
I finally did it, I bit the bullet and added 3 inch keys, 1.5 inch spacers and 5100 billsteins. Found a set of aluminum LTZ wheels and had them power coated black. Went online and ordered a set of 295/55-20 Nitto ridge grapplers. Let me start by saying if you are using a tire comparison website, Nitto didn’t get the memo. Their tires run larger than what the tire comparison said. Having said that, I love the tires, I love the look. They are 32.76 tall and 12.17 wide(from Nitto website). I have rubbing on passenger side front on a bolt that is sticking out of the frame, I can fix that by cutting off 1 inch of bolt that has no threads on it. On the rear, tires are hitting plastic fender well right by the shock mount under heavy articulation(steep drive at an angle).

This is my question.....would 1.5 or 1.75 wheel spacers help? I don’t want to stick the wheels out past the fenders but I’ve either got to do this, cut the fender wells(don’t really want to do that), or send the tires back and get a smaller size. If the spacers will fix the back without causing issues in the front that’s what I want to do. Any help will be appreciated. I’ll add some pics when I can.

Last edited:

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
Need to get rid of the wheels. The offset is wrong for that truck, spacers will be a band-aid on a stab wound. I had 35x12.5 pro comps on my 01 with just keys and spacers.

OP
OP
richs1

richs1

Reaction score
Need to get rid of the wheels. The offset is wrong for that truck, spacers will be a band-aid on a stab wound. I had 35x12.5 pro comps on my 01 with just keys and spacers.
They are the same offset as the 17” snowflakes, or so I have been told. Are you saying the offset is wrong for the tire, or the truck. It is a stock OE LTZ wheel. I appreciate your input.

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
That's weird. My 01 had the 35s on it and I beat the bejebus out of that poor thing for a couple seasons with those tires on it. Got it to rub a few times out in the woods but never ever driving down the highway. I'd break out a tape measure and start checking stuff. I'd bet the offset of those wheels isn't what you think it is. On my 04 I'm running 315/45/22 with no rub at all. Measure it out, if the bankroll isn't there for a new set of wheels, try a set of 1" spacers. Wheel spacers aren't the end of the world, I know a lot of guys who run em on trail rigs with good success.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I know that the offset on the '15 split spoke 18" take offs I got is a little different than the original' 06 snowflake 17". Of the top of my head one was 24 and one was 31 but don't hold me to those numbers....

OP
OP
richs1

richs1

Reaction score
That's weird. My 01 had the 35s on it and I beat the bejebus out of that poor thing for a couple seasons with those tires on it. Got it to rub a few times out in the woods but never ever driving down the highway. I'd break out a tape measure and start checking stuff. I'd bet the offset of those wheels isn't what you think it is. On my 04 I'm running 315/45/22 with no rub at all. Measure it out, if the bankroll isn't there for a new set of wheels, try a set of 1" spacers. Wheel spacers aren't the end of the world, I know a lot of guys who run em on trail rigs with good success.

I have zero rub on the highway, only rubs when rear axle is in heavy articulation.....going into a steep drive at an angle. I can make it work as is, I rarely go off road, but I would rather have no rub at all. Nitto ridge grapplers measure larger than what a normal 295/55/20 shows on a tire size calculator. Your 315’s show 33.2 diameter by 12.4 width. Compared to my 295’s at 32.8 diameter by 11.6 width. Actual Nitto RG 295 is 32.76 diameter by 12.17 width. That’s really close to your 315’s if yours actually meet the measurements on the comparison calculator. Is yours a Z71? Do you have spring spacers and aftermarket keys? Have you trimmed any plastic under the fenders? I appreciate your input. I put this same question on the Z71 Tahoe/suburban form and it’s crickets over there....

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
Nope, not a Z71, just an LS. I have 1.5 blocks on the coils and 3 keys on the bars. No trimming, just flipped the rear shock bolts around. Having no rub AT ALL is a pipe dream on only keys and blocks. But at only 11.6 wide, you shouldn't be having any problems. Im gonna stick with the offset on the wheels is your issue. How many miles are on your suspension? If your up over 120k, could also be, even with the lift in, your torsion bars are sagging along with your springs.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
You'd have to get 1.75" spacers to completely clear the stock lugs. Or run 1.5s and trim the lugs. Either way you'll need to trim your fender liner.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You'd have to get 1.75" spacers to completely clear the stock lugs. Or run 1.5s and trim the lugs. Either way you'll need to trim your fender liner.

Depends on the wheels. Some have indents in them that let you get away with 1.5"

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
That's true, hadn't thought of that. I thought my work truck rims would work because there are some minor indentations, but not quite enough to get it to work right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts