Sounds like the diesel option will be tough to get for some time :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be almost impossible too drive from Michigan to Florida in an electric Tahoe or Suburban. The battery packs in those will be huge and take 8 hours to charge every 300 miles. The diesel needs to be fueled one time before we would make it to our condo down there. This whole EV push is being rushed and not practical for folks who drive beyond the first charge range of these EVs. I wonder what hurricane evacuations zones will look like in the future. Gonna be tough too evacuate millions of folks in their EVs in a timely manor with no way of charging that many heading out of town.
100%. And we won’t know the true cost to our economy until the bureaucrats who forced it on us against nearly all market forces are gone and living their retirements on our dime.

Dez78n

Reaction score
100%. And we won’t know the true cost to our economy until the bureaucrats who forced it on us against nearly all market forces are gone and living their retirements on our dime.
but hey, its supposed to be good for the environment so who cares right? :rolleyes:

Except for the whole needing to create electricity to charge all these cars. Oh, and the carbon and lithium mining too. And the fact that power grids in a lot of places can't even handle houses being fooled to an acceptable degree now, much less when you add all the cars too.

Last edited:

Rangerdeepv

Reaction score
Hang on to your wires! If every 3rd home/condo/townhouse, etc. plugs in to charge the electrical grid will implode......i.e. brownouts, blackouts etc. With all the 'dirt burner' power plant closings coupled with the much lower output of all the 'green' generators there is no way to charge these EV's. We are headed to an electric Armaggedon.

Decreed_it

Reaction score
We just had a Denali XL Duramax order accepted and production date set for Oct 18th week. So, there's still some allocations out there for them? Dealer let me know it got accepted Sept 9th but no prod date yet, followed up on Monday w/ the news on prod date. This is on a 2022 - we'd tried to get an order in on a 2021 but were too close to year end so they bumped it a few weeks and to 22.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@Decreed_it if you don't mind me asking, what area do you live? Trying to figure out if certain areas are being allocated rigs quicker than other areas.

Seems like a couple z71s have been picked up, but you are the first denali I have heard of thus far (from here atleast)

Decreed_it

Reaction score
@Decreed_it if you don't mind me asking, what area do you live? Trying to figure out if certain areas are being allocated rigs quicker than other areas.

Seems like a couple z71s have been picked up, but you are the first denali I have heard of thus far (from here atleast)
Charlotte, NC - dealer is Liberty GMC. We ordered a very close to base Denali - Pano roof, sliding center console maybe the only options? (edit: just saw they snuck in the polished exhaust tip on us, whatever, had I noticed would have deleted that too), they're equipped plenty fine for our needs in 'base' trim, so maybe that has something to do with it? I even opted down to 20" wheels - need/want the extra sidewall for ride quality.

Build sheet:
Denali Preferred Equipment GroupTrim:HFM - Leather, Teak/Light Shale, Perforated
Primary Color:G9K - Satin Steel MetallicEngine:LM2 - Engine: Duramax 3.0L, Turbo-Diesel, Inline 6 Cylinder
Emissions:
Transmission:MQC - Transmission, 10-Speed Automatic
Ordered Options:
A2X: Power Seat Adjuster (Driver's Side)
A50: Seats: Front, Bucket, with Center Console
AS8: Seat, 3rd row 60/40 Bench, power
ATN: Seat, 2nd row Bucket, power release
AU3: Power Door Locks
B30: Floor Covering: Carpet, Color Keyed
B58: Floor Mats, color-keyed, carpeted 1st and 2nd row
BVE: Assist Steps, Black
C3A: HEATER AIR SYSTEM HEATING/DEFROSTER SYSTEM, REINFORCED,
C3F: GVW Rating 7700 Lbs
C3U: Sunroof, Panoramic, power sliding w/pwr sunshade
CJ2: Climate Control, Electronic - Dual-zone
DCH: Center Floor Console,Power Sliding w/drawer&storage
DXR: Mirror, Outside, Power, Heated, Auto-Dimming w/Turn ind
FE9: Federal Emissions
G86: Differential, nechanical, limited-slip
GU5: Rear Axle: 3.23 Ratio
IOT: GMC Premium Infotainment Plus, 8" P/U Screen,10.2" SUV
K05: Engine Block Heater
K34: Cruise Control
KA6: Heated Seats: 2nd Row
KI3: Heated Steering Wheel
KI4: 120 Volt Electrical Receptacle, In Cab
KQV: Seats, Heated & Ventilated, Front
N38: Steering Column, Powerl Tilt & Telescoping
NQH: Transfer Case: Active, 2-Speed, Auotrac, Rotary Dial
RTL: Wheels: 20" 6-Spoke Multi Dimensional Polished Alum
SFE: LPO - Wheel Locks, set of 4
TC2: Liftgate, Rear, power
TQ5: Headlamps, Intellibeam
U2K: SiriusXM Satellite Radio (subscription)
UD5: Parking Assist, Front & Rear Sensors
UE1: OnStar Communication System
UE4: Following Distance Indicator
UEU: Sensor, Forward Collision Alert
UFG: Sensor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert
UHX: Lane Keep Assist/Departure Warning
UHY: Automatic Emergency Braking
UKC: Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
UKK: Sensor, Pedestrian Detection
UV2: Surround Vision, HD
UV6: Head-Up Display: Multi-Color, 15" Diagonal Display
VK3: Front License Plate Mounting Provisions