Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahaha.....sorry not sorry. Im around if you need any help. I can take more pictures too if you need them, but im not gonna take em off the truck...that sucks hahaha
I leave my bottom bolts out. I can have both headlights out in 5 minutes, no problem.

Then again that just goes to show how many setup changes I've been through.....lol

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Head unit is an Alpine iLX-W650, its a 7" screen. All I really cared about was Bluetooth and AndroidAuto. Alpine also has a small amp that easily interfaces with this head unit to get a little more power to the factory speakers, which I might end up doing when/if I upgrade those stock speakers.

Here is the installation kit I ordered. It is a nice kit, included everything I needed to do my install. Also retained steering wheel controls as well, and can easily add a backup camera. Also includes a phone mic with along cord, and comes with a customizeable chime box as well. Would definitely recommend this kit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GP51ZF2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don’t suppose you recall any details on that installation kit after all this time? The Amazon link is broken.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t suppose you recall any details on that installation kit after all this time? The Amazon link is broken.
Sure do. Looked at the seller I got mine from, for some reason it appears that store doesn't sell the complete kit any longer. This is the double din installation frame.

https://www.amazon.com/Carxtc-Insta...-1-2676-104-&vehicleName=2010+Chevrolet+Tahoe

And you'll need a factory wiring harness adapter, if you have steering wheel controls or plan to add them, don't forget that (labeled "SWC" usually in the ads. Make sure it comes with an antenna adapter as well, and also a door chime. The factory stereo "chime" for low gas, open door, headlights left on with key off, etc.......goes through the stock head unit. The kit I got is Metra, which keeps the SWC and stuff, and the audible chime is customizable for loudness, which is pretty cool. Metra is all plug and play, just solder or crimp your harness adapter to that of your aftermarket head unit, plug it all in, done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy