Soooo Disappointing :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No need to justify yourself, fair and open market. You will never see us bash another tuner, as a matter of fact we have helped other tuners out in the past, even Charlie. As for email responses, they receive hundreds a day, so they can get backed up over a weekend, not to mention a holiday weekend.

You will definitely see gains when you are tuned for the headers. I saw significant gains in my 04 with a cam and headers. The blower was icing on the cake.

As for a built motor, it will not be comparable to FI. You can not make the TQ without significant displacement increase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for a built motor, it will not be comparable to FI. You can not make the TQ without significant displacement increase.

No replacement for displacement lol. I would still venture to say a built 6.0 would put out more HP/TQ than a supercharged 5.3, and cost less (unless the SC was a used unit).
Speaking of which, you ummmm....Wouldn't happen to have that SC layin around would ya?

I will follow the link and order the tune Monday. I may just post the dyno results as A and B, and not mention whom each belongs to. Unless ofcourse there is a SIGNIFICANT difference.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not mathematically possible for it to make the same amount of TQ, unless you are under boosting the 5.3L. TQ is directly correlated with effective displacement. A 5.3L at 6psi inducts the same air mass as a 7.4L. HP is a different story.

Charlie locks his tunes and the PCM, factor that into your approach.

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not mathematically possible for it to make the same amount of TQ, unless you are under boosting the 5.3L. TQ is directly correlated with effective displacement. A 5.3L at 6psi inducts the same air mass as a 7.4L. HP is a different story.

Charlie locks his tunes and the PCM, factor that into your approach.

....Why you gotta be so knowledgeable :)....

Charlie is on board for Dyno testing after the tune for comparisons' sake. Its all on my dime anyway's.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Be sure to go back to stock between getting both tunes, to make it fair. It would also be ideal to change the tune while the vehicle is on the dyno, as even just a slight change in strap tension can effect the outcome. The guys take that into account while dyno testing performance products.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

We do have a used 1900 in the garage that would work on your 04...

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan was a stock baseline, then with "A" tune and then with "B" Tune, but I see what you are saying. Ill do stock pull, then A tuner pull, base pull then B tuner pull. 2 passes per tuner. Its only 75 for 3 pulls, so Im looking at 150 for 6. Definitely doable. We can space them out and have a standardized wait time between pulls. Just the mods I have, the headers ORY and Air Aid. Im EXCITED lol. Slowly getting over the disappointment of the 1k on headers and exhaust. If the shop allows it, I can video tape the whole process and YouTube it. Assuming that Charlie and yourselves are okay with that.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

[/COLOR]We do have a used 1900 in the garage that would work on your 04...[/QUOTE]

WHAT!!!!! You totally need to PM me a price and specs!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes those pulls would work. But what I also was saying, is that each tuner needs to start from stock. So tuner A does not work off of tuner Bs tune. Make sense?

The 1900 is being freshened up, and possibly powder coated. I would have to ask justin what he is going to advertise it for, I know he has some interested parties already.

So those AEMs don't seem like too bad of a deal after all eh?? :)

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But what I also was saying, is that each tuner needs to start from stock. So tuner A does not work off of tuner Bs tune. Make sense?

Yeah makes perfect sense.

[/QUOTE]
The 1900 is being freshened up, and possibly powder coated. I would have to ask justin what he is going to advertise it for, I know he has some interested parties already. [/QUOTE]

When you find out, if its not spoken for, please let me know.

[/QUOTE]
So those AEMs don't seem like too bad of a deal after all eh?? :)[/QUOTE]

Lmao after i took the time to research the available selections for the Tahoe, I realized that I should have bought them. If I remember correctly, I PM'd you again a week or so after we talked and they were gone... Sigh... thanks for reminding me and making me relive my disappointment, especially when I had to click the "checkout" button from Summit when I ordered the PaceSetters..
My ignorance to the prices of 5.3 vortec vs 5.0 headers got the better of me :)

Almost all of my building exp revolves around the 5.0/4.6 Ford applications and the 6.6 Duramax (LB7). Ive owned about 11 mustangs lol. The tahoe is definitely a whole different monster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal