Soon to be a Tahoe owner and I'm ecstatic.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGregory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Currently fixing my DD, a 2017 Grand Cherokee Ltd, to trade it in for a Tahoe.

My father had several Suburbans over the years, and ever since I saw police departments utilizing the Tahoe as a fleet truck, I fell in love with the idea of a mobile armory, so the goal is to acquire a 4th Gen Tahoe that has a sunroof and 4x capacity, lower it 2" all around, slap on some steel rims and a push bar and call it a day knowing I can park it anywhere and it's unlikely to be messed with.

Yes, I'm looking to replicate a Tahoe PPV (Interceptor?), but with 4x availability rather than RWD.

My dog, and my office supplies lets call them, are very close and dear to me so having a visual deterrent is something I hope to achieve.

Time to spend the evening reading through all the subs here and getting used ot this place, I have a feeling I'll be on here a bit.

Attachments

• f9770acac29b8e49a219d53b7201cea99a9b08ff.jpg
    f9770acac29b8e49a219d53b7201cea99a9b08ff.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 5

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

Make sure you get all service records and have a good independent mechanic check it out from top to bottom just to be sure in case you missed something. If oil was changed every 5K miles that is a big plus.

Glad your here!

03X2

Reaction score

My father had several Suburbans over the years, and ever since I saw police departments utilizing the Tahoe as a fleet truck, I fell in love with the idea of a mobile armory, so the goal is to acquire a 4th Gen Tahoe that has a sunroof and 4x capacity, lower it 2" all around, slap on some steel rims and a push bar and call it a day knowing I can park it anywhere and it's unlikely to be messed with.

Yes, I'm looking to replicate a Tahoe PPV (Interceptor?), but with 4x availability rather than RWD.

My dog, and my office supplies lets call them, are very close and dear to me so having a visual deterrent is something I hope to achieve.

Time to spend the evening reading through all the subs here and getting used ot this place, I have a feeling I'll be on here a bit.
Welcome!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome! Over time that was what I did to mine. Looks funny towing the boat though.

Here are some before and afters.

IMG_0101.JPGIMG_4948.JPG4AFD35AC-533F-477D-88AB-0B9626465887.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep