Sometimes fuel disappears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my cluster repaired a couple years ago, replaced all the motors and fixed grounds etc.
I always use the trip meter to tell my range each fill up I also calculate my MPG each fillup, some fillups my gauge stops around 3/4 full or 7/8 full, sometimes it tracks to full normally.
Sometimes it stops there then slowly creeps up to full while driving. I figure its something to do with the level sensor.
I just today changed my vapor canister, purge valve, and vent valve I am curious if I notice a difference.
I am the first to admit I am still learning, but I can't see how anything with the EVAP system would have any impact on what happens between the fuel pump sending unit and the cluster...
Maybe they are intertwined? I don't know everything. Just doesn't seem like the two would be related.

ncalvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the first to admit I am still learning, but I can't see how anything with the EVAP system would have any impact on what happens between the fuel pump sending unit and the cluster...
Maybe they are intertwined? I don't know everything. Just doesn't seem like the two would be related.
Agreed, that's why I said I am just curious if it has any impact on it.. as I have read of people having issues filling their tank because of problems with the evap system. I didn't replace those parts to try and fix the level discrepancy.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, that's why I said I am just curious if it has any impact on it.. as I have read of people having issues filling their tank because of problems with the evap system. I didn't replace those parts to try and fix the level discrepancy.
No worries! I have been getting the check fuel cap, small leak and occasional large leak detected on vent cycle right after startup on half tank or less.
But now, I have a persistent P0496 High Flow on the purge module. I will start with that part and see if it takes care of the other issues before I go for new canister and vent module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts