Someone needs this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m watching that Monte Carlo auction and I see BAT extends the time by 2 full minutes every time a bid is placed to prevent “sniping”. That seems excessive to me but I’ve only bought one vehicle on an online auction, EBay. I don’t remember them doing this, definitely nit extending it by 2 minutes every time. That Monte auction has been extended about 20 times so far.
Edit: it sold while I was typing for $25,500.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m watching that Monte Carlo auction and I see BAT extends the time by 2 full minutes every time a bid is placed to prevent “sniping”. That seems excessive to me but I’ve only bought one vehicle on an online auction, EBay. I don’t remember them doing this, definitely nit extending it by 2 minutes every time. That Monte auction has been extended about 20 times so far.
Edit: it sold while I was typing for $25,500.
I think the 2 minute extension is to allow a bidder to 'up' their counter offer, since a time delay due to 'online' ....... If they all were in the same room, the hands go up in an instant.