Someone needs this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t been down there in a long time. I never was a fisherman but the wildlife on that river was awesome. I’m sure pretty much every place has gone downhill though. They just started requiring a daily permit to drive through the Columbia Gorge scenic waterfall area because it got so crowded, along with a lot of hiking trails close to Portland. Our population here has exploded in the last decade, and most of the newbies are from out of state. I won’t say where most of them seem to be coming from *ahem* but they don’t seem to have the same pack-it-in-pack-it-out attitude as native Oregonians so of course the trails look trashed now. I can’t believe people will hike for miles through the wilderness and just throw their trash out in the beautiful scenery. Who do they expect will pick that up?
If they are from Kalifornia, the trails should have a trash can ( trash & recycle ) every mile, with a nice 'handy wipes' dispenser. ( And don't forget the mask Hazardous Waste bucket.)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya everytime we go camping or whatever around here I always end up picking up some one else's garbage as well and I teach my kids what I was taught to "leave no trace"
everyone should be taught the same......
funny i just made reservations for a Rogue jet boat tour in a couple weeks, the kids should enjoy it, we are headed up to GP then up to long beach, the plan was to then go to yellowstone but that's a wash till next year

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya everytime we go camping or whatever around here I always end up picking up some one else's garbage as well and I teach my kids what I was taught to "leave no trace"
everyone should be taught the same......
funny i just made reservations for a Rogue jet boat tour in a couple weeks, the kids should enjoy it, we are headed up to GP then up to long beach, the plan was to then go to yellowstone but that's a wash till next year
I’m going to do a whitewater rafting trip this summer on the Deschutes River in central Oregon’s high desert. There’s nothing like it, out in the middle of nowhere right in the desert there’s this awesome whitewater river with some seriously scary rapids. They take you through one that’s pretty much guaranteed to throw at least one or two out of the raft. Last time I went, a nice lady from the Midwest was ejected and ended up going down that rapids in a life vest. She was scared before but after that, she was cool with everything. The entire raft with 8 people pretty much disappears under the water for a minute.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to do a whitewater rafting trip this summer on the Deschutes River in central Oregon’s high desert. There’s nothing like it, out in the middle of nowhere right in the desert there’s this awesome whitewater river with some seriously scary rapids. They take you through one that’s pretty much guaranteed to throw at least one or two out of the raft. Last time I went, a nice lady from the Midwest was ejected and ended up going down that rapids in a life vest. She was scared before but after that, she was cool with everything. The entire raft with 8 people pretty much disappears under the water for a minute.
sounds like fun I have been whitewater rafting thru hellsgate down to Galice, it's much different rafting down the river than fishing from the banks lol, I used live about 10 miles from there and fished all over and around the canyon

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down to the final 3 hours, still at $19k. In about 2 hours and 45 minutes we will see the bidding war.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are auctioning a 73 Monte Carlo with 9k miles. Crazy.

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442