Someone may want one of these

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So this is the first response back to me after I sent the last message:

"It has z71 all over the Tahoe look it up do your research because you’re clearly wrong."

Then he dug deeper and found out I was right and he messaged this:

"I apologize first off. I want to say thank you for being that to my attention I was unaware of the RPO to be honest. However, I did “my research” because clearly I was the one who was less knowledgeable on this matter and found out you’re absolutely correct. I’m sorry for personalizing your message at first. I have since edited the add to just saying Chevy Tahoe for sale and was honest and upfront with the potential buyer I have on the line. God bless you and have a good day."
Wow, that was unexpected. At least they 'fessed up and apologized. Good for them.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, and he just messaged me and said he was going to drop the price. I told him to ask what he wants and he may get with all the add ons but not because it is a Z71. If it has no rust, has had 3 owners, he may get what he is asking or close to it.

I don't know about being "God blessed" by him but I will take it.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, so today I did call and talk to the guy with the 2002 LT SS Tahoe and he said he wants $6500 and that is as low as he will go but I also did some research. All that I can find say that the SS models were 2WD and sat lower. This is a 4WD. I had the seller check the dash controls. He has no other proof that the rig is an SS model. I think it was just rebadged as an SS.

Like @Tonyrodz says, don't trust anything except the RPO codes.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, so today I did call and talk to the guy with the 2002 LT SS Tahoe and he said he wants $6500 and that is as low as he will go but I also did some research. All that I can find say that the SS models were 2WD and sat lower. This is a 4WD. I had the seller check the dash controls. He has no other proof that the rig is an SS model. I think it was just rebadged as an SS.

Like @Tonyrodz says, don't trust anything except the RPO codes.
I've never heard of GM offering an SS option on a Tahoe, jf anything it was probably some stickers or stripes thrown on by a greedy dealer so they can upcharge out the a$$!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, when I was researching the SS badge, GM said they didn't really like to do it because of insurance reasons. It all started with prototypes in 1996. Was also 2WD.

"When the GMT800 platform based Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon was released for the 2000 model year, a 2WD Tahoe Limited and 4WD Tahoe Z71 remained in production on the GMT400 platform as special edition vehicles. These special edition vehicles were produced in the Arlington, Texas assembly plant for the 2000 model year only.

The Chevrolet Tahoe Limited was based on the Chevrolet Tahoe SS concept vehicle introduced in 1996 that never made it to production. It is reported that GM disliked the idea of an SS badged vehicle at a time when insurance companies were already demanding higher premiums for SUVs. The Tahoe SS prototype vehicles made in 1996 were painted either an unspecified metallic green or metallic blue, but the Tahoe Limited was produced only in Onyx Black. The Tahoe Limited had a distinctive exterior appearance that included a factory equipped ground effects, a monochromatic theme with bumpers and grille painted in the same high gloss black as the body, removal of the roof rack, and fog lamps integrated into the front bumper. Other notable features of the Tahoe Limited included the Z60 high-performance chassis package (commonly known as the police package) which places the body of the vehicle 2 in (51 mm) lower than the 4WD Tahoe, two-tone gray and charcoal leather interior seating surfaces, a 120 mph (190 km/h) gauge cluster, 46 mm (1.8 in) Bilstein shock absorbers, a 3.42 or optional 3.73 rear gear ratio, a limited slip rear differential, an engine oil cooling system, and distinctive 16 inch Ronal R36 five-spoke aluminum wheels."

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea, when I was researching the SS badge, GM said they didn't really like to do it because of insurance reasons. It all started with prototypes in 1996. Was also 2WD.

"When the GMT800 platform based Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon was released for the 2000 model year, a 2WD Tahoe Limited and 4WD Tahoe Z71 remained in production on the GMT400 platform as special edition vehicles. These special edition vehicles were produced in the Arlington, Texas assembly plant for the 2000 model year only.

The Chevrolet Tahoe Limited was based on the Chevrolet Tahoe SS concept vehicle introduced in 1996 that never made it to production. It is reported that GM disliked the idea of an SS badged vehicle at a time when insurance companies were already demanding higher premiums for SUVs. The Tahoe SS prototype vehicles made in 1996 were painted either an unspecified metallic green or metallic blue, but the Tahoe Limited was produced only in Onyx Black. The Tahoe Limited had a distinctive exterior appearance that included a factory equipped ground effects, a monochromatic theme with bumpers and grille painted in the same high gloss black as the body, removal of the roof rack, and fog lamps integrated into the front bumper. Other notable features of the Tahoe Limited included the Z60 high-performance chassis package (commonly known as the police package) which places the body of the vehicle 2 in (51 mm) lower than the 4WD Tahoe, two-tone gray and charcoal leather interior seating surfaces, a 120 mph (190 km/h) gauge cluster, 46 mm (1.8 in) Bilstein shock absorbers, a 3.42 or optional 3.73 rear gear ratio, a limited slip rear differential, an engine oil cooling system, and distinctive 16 inch Ronal R36 five-spoke aluminum wheels."
I've briefly heard about those. Iirc, they were planned to be PPVs but the deal fell through--or something like that.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, and he just messaged me and said he was going to drop the price. I told him to ask what he wants and he may get with all the add ons but not because it is a Z71. If it has no rust, has had 3 owners, he may get what he is asking or close to it.

I don't know about being "God blessed" by him but I will take it.

There is one really religious dealer around here that will say "God Bless". Otherwise, I've seen a LOT of scammers say that to rip you off. I'm looking for one now and when I find him, he's going to jail.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I see the "God Bless" all the time at Eugene, Or. CL when people are begging for help. Bunch of assholes. I do believe in God but I hate users/scammers.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, those first two links I sent out was a fake Z71 and a fake Tahoe SS. Thieves are all over the place. Trust no one, especially the politicians.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt