Some Pics of my Yukon XL on 20 x 9 Monsters with 35 x 12.50

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I got this done a few weeks ago and some had asked for pics so here you go. Turned out nice, but i wish i could have gotten a little more lift in the rear. Turns out I cant because the 4 link rear moves the passenger tire towards the frame and it would rub. :emotions122:
Not real sure how to go about getting another inch back there. I have thoguht about some wheel spacers and air shocks Anyone have some ideas?
One inch would be great, two would be badass.

dscf2325.jpg

dscf2310l.jpg

dscf2308.jpg

This is not helping the the rear either. lol

dscf2251qc.jpg

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick lookin truck dude! it does sit a little low in the back. Couldnt tell you how to get it a lil higher though

OP
OP
Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sick lookin truck dude! it does sit a little low in the back. Couldnt tell you how to get it a lil higher though

Thank you Sir.

I am OCD as hell and it's going to drive me nutz. Really hope I dont have to drop a bunch of cash and get longer arms and springs. :yucky:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Ford keys? I dont know anything about em but I hear thats what people are using for a few more inches

OP
OP
Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the keys in front and a 1.5" spacer in back already. Was going to put a taller spring spacer in the rear, but the tire rubs on the upper link that goes from the axle to the chassis. As you go higher, it moves the axle towards the driver side. Thats the best i can do with it right now.

Hopefully someone can chime in and offer some words of wisdom. I like it now, but it would look better with another inch of lift in back.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

What do you have in that monster in the back?

Twins. lol

dscf2246a.jpg

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You need to extend the panhard bar to relocate the axle, then you can add some airlift 60769 helper bags to compensate for the big ass enclosure's weight. Can you get some pics of where it is rubbing the frame? Just the bracket with the bumpstop that hangs down or is it contacting something else? Looks good btw, the monsters aren't my cup of tea but the nittos are a badass tire :cheers:

OP
OP
Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not my pic, did a quick image search and member VJR021's drop kit install showed up.

Here is where it is rubbing. Just the bracket.
4342281058d4a286c23cb.jpg

I was told a set of air shocks would get me some lift maybe 1-1/2 - 2", but from your comment that may not be all I need. What do you think about the air shocks?

Thank you.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Get the helper bags and clearance that with a grinder, then spray it down with enamel paint or rubberized undercoating so it won't rust. I'd also recommend some bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks as the truck will ride considerably better...part #s are:
Front - BE5-C153-H0
Rear - BE5-D147-H0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Run4st