[SOLVED] Weird HVAC issue after battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in stockton but the tech2 won't really do more as far as calibration then unhooking the battery but if you want to test the actuators take a drive over the hill
Awesome thanks for the offer. I'm going to try the above steps and report back. I have the next two weeks off so I have plenty of time take the dash apart and swap in some new actuators and clean everything up.

OP
OP
cooki3mnster

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after some troubleshooting it turns out the drivers side actuator was the culprit. I decided to replace both the actuators and all is well.

The whole process from start to finish took me about 2.5 hours including two trips to the parts store one for an actuator and a 5.5mm socket, and the other for a new ambient light sensor since mine disintegrated in my hand on removal. The actuator for the pass side wasn’t too bad once you loosen the 2 10mm bolts on the pass side of the dash and pull it away from the mount. You’re then able to prop the vent register up on top of the dash cover and can actually get a hand in there to get at both screws and remove the actuator.

The drivers side one was much easier and just required removal of the kick panel on the pass side foot well and it’s right there. I tested the one that cam out and it would self test and then get stuck in place and. Or move no matter what temp I dialed in on the dash. It looks like the drivers one had been replaced at some point once before as it didn’t match the pass side one under the dash.

Thanks everyone for the advice and input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy