Solved! Snapped Bolt at Body Mount!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YukonGTmaster

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I do to try and remove rusted bolts, especially those with exposed threads beyond the nut, is a whole lot of back and forth. Once it initially breaks free with a breaker bar or what have you, I put an impact on it and start alternating CW / CCW only to the point of significant resistance. Plus liberal application of penetrating lube to creep into the newly cracked open threads and flush out the ground up rust particles.

Not 100%, but more reliable than just trying to keep going CCW after it initially breaks free.

I’m sure many readers and probably the OP know this already.

I blindly sprayed penetrating fluid through the lightening hole in the frame in hopes some would hit the exposed threads on my remaining bolt. Like you said I backed the bolt out and every so often would reverse the ratchet and put it back in. I am happy to say it came out, and the bolt was in very rough shape! Thanks for all the advice!

F7BE7E71-E702-43B3-8FE9-5DEA09C37D51.jpeg

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for advising the folks here in the Forum that you were successful, and what you did to achieve success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon