SOLVED - Anyone know of a Hard-Wired Trailer Brake solution for a 2023 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

c21ban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm skeptical of this. The only connections a brake controller needs are positive, negative, brake pedal switch, and brake wire to the trailer connector. The truck's onboard computers don't have anything to do with it. As long as the wires are there, and I'll bet they are, then you should be good to go. Brake proportioning is handled by an accelerometer in the controller itself. My guess is that they just haven't had a chance to test with a 2023.

View attachment 381021
I was skeptical as well and
Looks like the OP ghosted us.
I haven’t ghosted . Just decided to give back the Tahoe to the dealership and wait for the MAX trailering package to become available. Curt never responded to my email or phone message so rather just get what I want as opposed to settling

krbjmpr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have run into a single controller incompatibility in the shop. Started out as simple controller install on a *highly* customized Sprinter van. Turned out that brake switch was a CAN-switch, meaning rather than a voltage, it gave a data stream, perhaps in conjunction with voltage.

After a phone call to Mercedes, we learned there was a brake status in upfitter box to connect to. Yup, brake status drove a relay to turn on trailer brake lights. Mercedes also asked to have owner call a direct number. Turns out the European Sprinter does not like #2 North American diesel as it is "too dirty". Sprinter owner has to burn #1 or kerosene. Something about injection pump wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan