Sold NBS Tahoe. New NNBS Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Flexx

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A failed lifter(s) you'll hear. How did you lift the truck? Throwing spring spacers under it will mess with the alignment some. Dragging the tires sideways going down the street will affect mileage. Also, getting the thing into the air will expose more of the undercarriage to the air, which will also affect the mileage.

Did you do the drop-in K&N yet? Make CERTAIN the air tube is still well connected to the air filter housing. If the tube is not attached well, or has come loose, the truck can still run, but the signal from the MAF will be off.
I haven't installed the lift or new filter yet. Waiting to find out if truck is going to keep running or not before i continue modding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Flexx

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. We finally ran the scanner. No codes or misfires. Mechanics guesses were valve cover pcv, or something else where we would have to drop oil pan to get too.

However. It is burning about 1.5qts every 200miles. That is insane too me.

Going to try and run the top engine cleaner and change oil this weekend and see if that helps.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Update. We finally ran the scanner. No codes or misfires. Mechanics guesses were valve cover pcv, or something else where we would have to drop oil pan to get too.

However. It is burning about 1.5qts every 200miles. That is insane too me.

Going to try and run the top engine cleaner and change oil this weekend and see if that helps.

That's a huge amount of oil.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s because of the AFM system. If you tune that out your oil consumption will go down drastically

OP
OP
Flexx

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knocked out some stuff yesterday.

Did the top engine cleaner, changed spark plugs, installed lift, switch to synthetic oil.

Spark plugs 1 and 6 were bad. Mpg went way up on the drive home. 17-18 at 80mph.

Have a tuner on the way, going to disable afm. Hopefully this fixes me up.

If not will be doing the valve cover replacement. 528f3670f4d98f46290b9239c69f72bc.jpg065971ab53096cc7bfe9fd60ea8d534d.jpg

OP
OP
Flexx

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed tune tonight, disabled AFM, performance, increase shift firmness, and top speed. Even though i haven't had a vehicle over 80-82 in years. Maybe I'll hit 140 one day!

OP
OP
Flexx

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Tune is cool. Don't think there's any noticeable added power, but throttle response, shift firmness, and mpg are improved.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Wow. Tune is cool. Don't think there's any noticeable added power, but throttle response, shift firmness, and mpg are improved.

Which tuner did you go with?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flexx

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which tuned did you go with?
Hypertech max energy. Disabled AFM, increase shift pressure, 87 performance tune.

Scored a really good deal on it. Wasn't looking to build a race truck. Just wanted to disable AFM. Other settings were a bonus.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hypertech max energy. Disabled AFM, increase shift pressure, 87 performance tune.

Scored a really good deal on it. Wasn't looking to build a race truck. Just wanted to disable AFM. Other settings were a bonus.

I have no experience with that one... I ended up inheriting a Diablo I2 from my brother and had Lew over at Diablew do a custom 89 tune for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr