Softer ride

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by tomloans, Aug 28, 2018.

1. 7mmhunter

7mmhunter TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ralph
    Matahoe pretty much summed it up. Thanks for this as well. I dont rock crawl her but she does go out on trail to get to our campsites. So i do rub the plastics and lost some as well but no big deal, as long as no steel or parts rub. No change either with the lower control arms but this past alignment due to new tread my mechanic advised me to get the cognito upper control arms to improve aligmment. Something about the caster and ball joint to be more in the right position. All this so the new tread doesnt wear inside and improve steering. They’re not cheap. I tried looking for other companies but hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 7mmhunter

7mmhunter TYF Newbie

Name:
    Ralph
    Matahoe pretty much summed it up. Thanks for this as well. I dont rock crawl her but she does go out on trail to get to our campsites. So i do rub the plastics and lost some as well but no big deal, as long as no steel or parts rub. No change either with the lower control arms but this past alignment due to new tread my mechanic advised me to get the cognito upper control arms to improve aligmment. Something about the caster and ball joint to be more in the right position. All this so the new tread doesnt wear inside and improve steering. They’re not cheap. I tried looking for other companies but hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SlimJim

SlimJim TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jim
    Hows the ride quality? Ive heard that 5100s are bouncy and rough.