So you are thinking about getting or already have a Tech II Clone or the real deal.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck trying to get a Tech II clone shipped during 3-week shutdown for Chinese New Year! Not happenin' - LOL

I have a clone. Don't get me wrong... I love it and found the quality to be excellent.
Works great.
No issues at all with customer service or price from Chinacrdiags.com.

If it weren't for Chinese New Year shutdown, I probably would have mine. I was trying to cancel my order right after I found out the debit card wouldn't cover it. Since it took a week or so, I had a chance to re-load the card before the order shipped. The clone more than paid for itself in avoiding several costly in-shop repairs.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I ordered (forget who, ebay seller in canada) came with a sticker set, serial numbers and everything. Everything made in China, sticker (sent from N.J.) says "made in USA of foreign and domestic parts"

Looks like everything came from China and we got to do the final assembly (stickers)

Only bug? I notice is if I set the current date, it will say there is an error (still works).. so I set the date to 2013 and no more clock error.. Also when booting up, usually the "system initialization' text is not centered..

Last edited:

Oselles88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Even if you spend the money on a Tech 2 it would be invaluable for the times you need it. I can't imagine it would be difficult to sell to someone on this forum when you're done with it.
Agreed. This place is rampant with vultures.
I want to get a scantool that can be useful like tech2 but for other brands

Attachments

• Tech 2 Scanner.jpg
    Tech 2 Scanner.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get a scantool that can be useful like tech2 but for other brands

You're gonna need an independent brand that professional shops use. There are lots of options ranging from a few hundred bucks to $5,000+. Get a comfortable seat and start Googling "bi-directional scan tools".

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would start with the best in the market, in my opinion, Autel.
I have the Tech 2 clone and happy, as previously mentioned. But, Autel certainly comes highly rated from many sources.
Scotty Kilmer, a no B.S. honest mechanic on YouTube, has been using Autel for a long time and raves about them. I don't believe they are sponsors of his content either.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one I ordered (forget who, ebay seller in canada) came with a sticker set, serial numbers and everything. Everything made in China, sticker (sent from N.J.) says "made in USA of foreign and domestic parts"

Looks like everything came from China and we got to do the final assembly (stickers)

Only bug? I notice is if I set the current date, it will say there is an error (still works).. so I set the date to 2013 and no more clock error.. Also when booting up, usually the "system initialization' text is not centered..
And when there's a problem the "system initialization" is centered! LOL

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Tech 2 clone and happy, as previously mentioned. But, Autel certainly comes highly rated from many sources.
Scotty Kilmer, a no B.S. honest mechanic on YouTube, has been using Autel for a long time and raves about them. I don't believe they are sponsors of his content either.
He raves a lot... But he is definitely honest. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne