So the P0069 is back again with new "symptom" echo engine revving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I don't need the whole history unless the current problem needs that history for it to make sense. I was only asking for year and engine size. I thought that was pretty easy.

:2cents:

Pretty sure @wjburken's request was as much for us as it was for you...;)
Fasten your safety belt, and keep your arms inside the tram.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem was Un-metered air was entering the intake just before the throttle body.. . only time will tell though I reinstalled the old MAP sensor. but have the new one on hand...

the one turn loose on the alligator clamp.....
idles very smooth now..
it doesn't have that rhythmic vibration idle jerk like before

valve are still clacking but that is another story

it's pretty sloppy for a shop to tamper with someones car just to drum up business.... esp not tightening the oil filter correctly

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I look forward to searching for info to try and help without, 1. Not knowing about what you just said about info all over and 2. Having to search when the info could easily be in a signature or supplied with the post so I don't have to go looking for that info.

So, in a nutshell, I did get the answer to my second question, I am expecting too much. I will file that away in the "who cares" department. LOL!
tahoe hybrid 6.0L v8

basically after getting an oil change at the chain shit shop i got a Check Engine light.. the very next day

The Suv Stalled out a few feet from the train tracks as I was about to cross (still had the right of way as the arms were not down yet and the train was a couple of miles away)
mind you this was a heavy rail passenger train coming towards me at 50-60mph..

I was able to get it restarted that is when the CEL came on

So
i bought a Code Reader it came up with P0069

when I got home to find out where the location of the sensor was

I opened up the hood and lifted up the "plastic beauty cover" that magically was covered with fresh dirty motor oil...:rolleyes:

to find the sensor was unplugged..

ironically the only people to be touching dirty motor oil was the shop the previous day

basically I had been chasing this since then ... since the last 7k or so miles...

on the next oil change they figured that did not work... so they upped the antie and did not tighten the oil filter correctly hand tightened as they claimed... it's physically impossible to tighten it enough to manufacture specification by hand for the plug or filter (seeing as there is no clearance for ones hands to do so)..

basically it ran for a while on very low oil causing damage to Bank #1(since it rarely see v8 mode) this uses the VVT system unlike the push rods, VVT system is more sensitive to oil loss another guy all ready permanently damaged his engine... (it was a Gen V engine but had the vvt system when it ran low) mind you it was 4 of 8 qt in the system "when it caused damage"

mine got to about 2-1/2qt with in 164 miles from 6qt

oil was overheated and cooked and smoke poured out of the filler tube 0 oil shown on the dip stick

they tried claiming it would have sprayed oil everywhere ..... even 30 drips per min = almost 1 liter per hour...

at some point I decided to clean up the inside to discover the air bag modules have been tampered with... on both the passenger and driver side.. that mostly likely means they popped and replaced with questionable parts(we can bet it was a unlicensed body shop) since it was not logged on carfax or reported to the state DMV and there was a nice hole drilled into the passenger door :eek: that means some body work was done... I am currently presuming a claim with the dealers bond for this undisclosed moderate accident also something seems off with the rear passenger side door...
as the value was way less then I was charged for the suv at the time.. I pretty sure they knew about the damage... even if they did not know the state law is still on my side.. they also claimed the vehicle was "safe" it had NON-WORKING rear brakes.... when they sold it to me.. I could not figure out why I was stopped in the middle of the street but they locked up (all 4 wheels)and started working sorta then only to find out there was NO pad left on the brakes :Boo:
:blah:

I did replace the sensor that worked for a while then it was back

then i replaced the battery(needed replacement anyway) that worked for a while then it came back recently

then it was back again

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
tahoe hybrid 6.0L v8

basically after getting an oil change at the chain shit shop i got a Check Engine light.. the very next day

The Suv Stalled out a few feet from the train tracks as I was about to cross (still had the right of way as the arms were not down yet and the train was a couple of miles away)

So

I opened up the hood and lifted up the "plastic beauty cover" that magically was covered with fresh dirty motor oil...:rolleyes:

ironically the only people to be touching dirty motor oil was the shop the previous day

basically I had been chasing this since then ... since the last 7k or so miles...

on the next oil change they figured that did not work... so they upped the antie and did not tighten the oil filter correctly hand tightened as they claimed... it's physically impossible to tighten it enough to manufacture specification by hand for the plug or filter (seeing as there is no clearance for ones hands to do so)..

basically it ran for a while on very low oil causing damage to Bank #1(since it rarely see v8 mode) this uses the VVT system unlike the push rods, VVT system is more sensitive to oil loss another guy all ready permanently damaged his engine... (it was a Gen V engine but had the vvt system when it ran low) mind you it was 4 of 8 qt in the system "when it caused damage"

oil was overheated and cooked and smoke poured out of the filler tube 0 oil shown on the dip stick

they tried claiming it would have sprayed oil everywhere ..... even 30 drips per min = almost 1 liter per hour...

at some point I decided to clean up the inside to discover the air bag modules have been tampered with... on both the passenger and driver side.. that mostly likely means they popped and replaced with questionable parts(we can bet it was a unlicensed body shop) since it was not logged on carfax or reported to the state DMV and there was a nice hole drilled into the passenger door :eek: that means some body work was done... I am currently presuming a claim with the dealers bond for this undisclosed moderate accident also something seems off with the rear passenger side door...
as the value was way less then I was charged for the suv at the time.. I pretty sure they knew about the damage... even if they did not know the state law is still on my side.. they also claimed the vehicle was "safe" it had NON-WORKING rear brakes.... when they sold it to me.. I could not figure out why I was stopped in the middle of the street but they locked up (all 4 wheels)and started working sorta then only to find out there was NO pad left on the brakes :Boo:

then i replaced the battery(needed replacement anyway) that worked for a while then it came back recently

then it was back again

Thank you for the recap. That should get Ron up to speed.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
tahoe hybrid 6.0L v8

So

then it was back again

Since it may be relevant to this particular thread, what about the whole MAP sensor engine runaway thing?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on Brent, that’s a small part of the story. I think it’s time fir a COMPLETE RECAP of everything up to this point. And if you’re so inclined, add some colors and bold letters, random pictures, etc. I’m serious, we don’t mind. I actually look forward to your posts, and the story since the day you bought it is really quite interesting reading.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it may be relevant to this particular thread, what about the whole MAP sensor engine runaway thing?
yes that

but it still does not make sense that it was by-passing the electronic RPM Governor

also I did clean the ground wires it improved the voltage in the system by 0.1 volt to 14.7 volts as reported by the BCM data stream

it was reporting 14.5-14.6 volts before

Last edited: